Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 80816 times)

November 11, 2017, 03:11:09 AM
Reply #1455

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Waited for this to open hoping it was Cosby. Disappointed ha

Simply simply lovely

deCoubertin

November 11, 2017, 03:11:45 AM
Reply #1456

Shogun

Administrator
Yeah at the end it was sludge

1-0 Belgium
1-1
2-1 Belgium
2-2
2-3 Mexico

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 11, 2017, 03:19:21 AM
Reply #1457

Gash

Global Moderator
I can see it being Unsworth until the end of the season.

If not we've dropped a bit of a bollock dragging our feet over this, we're on an international break and had a decent window to bring someone in and give them 10-12 days with the players before we had another game.

November 11, 2017, 07:59:03 AM
Reply #1458

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I can see it being Unsworth until the end of the season.

If not we've dropped a bit of a bollock dragging our feet over this, we're on an international break and had a decent window to bring someone in and give them 10-12 days with the players before we had another game.

Doesnít inspire confidence, seems a case of indecision or inability to attract targets. Both would be troubling.

Or perhaps itís a lack of imagination to look at targets other than ďobviousĒ choices such as Allardyce (in that theyíre PL managers so donít require scouting).

Makes you wonder what they wouldíve done had we not won that last game. I thought weíd go into the international break and appoint someone but instead it seems like itís lead to more indecisiveness. Worrisome for the January window too, what are the odds we donít ha e a striker lined up yet?

Interesting article on Graham Potter earlier. At least he got his team into the next round of the EL.

https://www.esdfanalysis.com/match-analysis/ostersunds-fk-galatasaray-2-0-david-beat-goliath/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:15:28 AM by blueToffee »

November 11, 2017, 12:59:17 PM
Reply #1459

bluenuck

Disappointing really. Unsworth is not the answer, or even a good "band aid". Even for the rest of the season. We will struggle with him in charge as he tries to find his way.

Really thought there'd be a new manager in charge this week.

Really worried we'll freak out and sign allardyce in late December when we're still in trouble and he'll sign a long term deal.

November 11, 2017, 02:20:30 PM
Reply #1460

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Heard itís Pepe Mel.

November 11, 2017, 02:24:44 PM
Reply #1461

bluenuck

Heard itís Pepe Mel.

is this meant for the striker thread?

November 11, 2017, 03:12:28 PM
Reply #1462

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
1-0 Belgium
1-1
2-1 Belgium
2-2
2-3 Mexico

I miss this

November 11, 2017, 04:25:55 PM
Reply #1463

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
is this meant for the striker thread?

Heard the striker is Geoff Horsfield.

November 11, 2017, 05:36:16 PM
Reply #1464

toffee_scot

I think our 'mangerless' situation has come as a complete shock to the board as Moshiri and co probably never contemplated a scenario where Koeman would fuck up so badly and pull us into the relegation zone a quarter into the season and put us on the verge of being knocked out of the Europa League halfway through the group stage.

As a result - although they had no choice but to sack Koeman - they find themselves in a situation which is extremely inconvenient especially as they have to try and identify the right manager who not only they want for the long term but has specific qualities to work with this imbalanced team.

I think we will have to put our trust in Unsworth for another good while.

November 11, 2017, 06:10:39 PM
Reply #1465

therealdunc

The current Italy manager is being linked today.

Presumably because he will get sacked if they donít qualify for the World Cup

Blue

November 11, 2017, 07:13:32 PM
Reply #1466

everton1952

An early appointment during the 2 week break would settle our nerves but would make little difference with regard to the players. Many of them are away with their countries and won't get back until Wednesday/Thursday.

November 11, 2017, 07:31:19 PM
Reply #1467

Evertonian in NC

The lack of any real movement makes me worry that the powers that be were a Clev free kick away from panic-hiring Allardyce.  And might be in such mindset again if we hit another rough patch.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 11, 2017, 11:07:27 PM
Reply #1468

Mayor Farnum

Rumours today that it'll be Gordon Strachan until the end of the season.

November 11, 2017, 11:22:10 PM
Reply #1469

Topper

Rumours today that it'll be Gordon Strachan until the end of the season.

I'd rather give it to Barry down the street and the only thing he has managed is to 'complete' FIFA 12 on amateur.