December 17, 2017, 12:20:47 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 159098 times)

November 16, 2017, 06:17:22 AM
Reply #2475

Thomas

There's a huge difference being connected with the Liverpool Waters scheme. Corporate types will much rather come to a match at the docks than in Walton.

Doesn't seem to matter much at the moment, our hospitality was voted 2nd best in the Premier League in 2015.
"Everton’s matchday hospitality was voted second in the Premier League’s 2015 Fans Survey for corporate hospitality ."
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/everton-fc-freezes-corporate-hospitality-11036408

deCoubertin

November 16, 2017, 06:18:33 AM
Reply #2476

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Marine F.C. it is then.

November 16, 2017, 06:25:01 AM
Reply #2477

Jamokachi

Utd had massive footprint availability for Old Trafford in comparison to Goodison. Awful example.

November 16, 2017, 06:25:30 AM
Reply #2478

Thomas

Marine F.C. it is then.

City Of Liverpool FC.

But in all seriousness, has anyone seriously considered how Old Trafford was redeveloped beyond recognition, along with having any suspicion why the club has done no feasability study into remaining at Goodison?

November 16, 2017, 06:37:31 AM
Reply #2479

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
City Of Liverpool FC.

But in all seriousness, has anyone seriously considered how Old Trafford was redeveloped beyond recognition, along with having any suspicion why the club has done no feasability study into remaining at Goodison?

I know you feel passionately about this but just looking at the pictures of OT before the redevelopment there appears to be a lot more open space to allow redevelopment than Goodison does.

So we've got a potentially state of the art, iconic stadium compared to an aged, not fit for purpose stadium (that admittedly is much loved). It's a bit like turning our noses up at a Barkley because we love a Naismith type player 😉
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 16, 2017, 06:50:01 AM
Reply #2480

Thomas

Utd had massive footprint availability for Old Trafford in comparison to Goodison. Awful example.

Explain that like your having a normal conversation with someone, rather than jargon.

November 16, 2017, 06:51:07 AM
Reply #2481

Thornton_19

Explain that like your having a normal conversation with someone, rather than jargon.
How can you not understand what he has wrote and meant?

November 16, 2017, 06:56:09 AM
Reply #2482

Jamokachi

Hardly jargon mate. The space around Old Trafford, allowing for expansion, is/was much greater than that at Goodison.

Goodison is surrounded by terraced housing, tightly compact. Old Trafford was built on an industrial area.

November 16, 2017, 06:56:29 AM
Reply #2483

Thomas

I know you feel passionately about this but just looking at the pictures of OT before the redevelopment there appears to be a lot more open space to allow redevelopment than Goodison does.

So we've got a potentially state of the art, iconic stadium compared to an aged, not fit for purpose stadium (that admittedly is much loved). It's a bit like turning our noses up at a Barkley because we love a Naismith type player 😉

Sure, and at least you understand my motivation behind being non-conformist on this occasion is absolutely genuine. Everton, which I love, Walton, which I love as it is part of Everton......the two belong together. Goodison completing the trio. I've been speaking (casually) to businesses in the area (Pubs/Coffee Bars/Barbers) who are worried how run down its going to be after (if) we leave.

I feel that strongly about it I cant even envisage myself watching us in another ground. If we looked into staying in Walton (we did) or where staying in the area/had a stone wall feasibility study from an independent panel saying we cant stay at Goodison, I'd be half pacified. That said the commercial nature of modern football with grounds moves done for aesthetics, the suits and corporate boxes more than for the fans, I think would represent one step too far for me.

I know plenty of Liverpool fans who went literally everywhere with a full compliment of credits on their season cards, only for them to fall out of love with Premier League football. Mostly because of cost but also the alienation of the ordinary fan. Stadium moves, the corporate dominance of the game and distance from the players to the fans. I've been going COLFC games on/off for nearly a year and its good fun. Everton lads go too. The stadium is shit but you feel like your at a football game. Bramley Moore dock will probably feel like your at a large cinema.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:00:26 AM by Thomas »

November 16, 2017, 06:58:26 AM
Reply #2484

Thomas

Hardly jargon mate. The space around Old Trafford, allowing for expansion, is/was much greater than that at Goodison.

Goodison is surrounded by terraced housing, tightly compact. Old Trafford was built on an industrial area.

Have a pint on me by way of apology.

<Goes back to the dart board in the corner of the bar>

A half arsed shit reply to that however would be in the early 90s Old Trafford was surrounded at least nearby, by many housing estates.

November 16, 2017, 06:59:39 AM
Reply #2485

Thomas

Can we not just mimmick Chelsea's idea of literally building on top of at least the Park End? Then refurb everywhere else. Build up, not across.

November 16, 2017, 07:07:31 AM
Reply #2486

Jamokachi

Have a pint on me by way of apology.

<Goes back to the dart board in the corner of the bar>

A half arsed shit reply to that however would be in the early 90s Old Trafford was surrounded at least nearby, by many housing estates.

It wasn't, this is from the early 80s...

I'm not sure of when it was built, but the area suffered bombing during the second world war (as did much of Manchester). Utd played at Main Road between '41 and '48 because of said damage. The proximity of other buildings was never such an issue for Utd when it came to the redevelopment work.

November 16, 2017, 07:08:45 AM
Reply #2487

Jamokachi

Can we not just mimmick Chelsea's idea of literally building on top of at least the Park End? Then refurb everywhere else. Build up, not across.

I have no idea. I'm not against the idea of redevelopment (though I am in the relocation group), I'm only pointing out that Old Trafford was a poor example.

November 16, 2017, 07:29:32 AM
Reply #2488

Thomas

I have no idea. I'm not against the idea of redevelopment (though I am in the relocation group), I'm only pointing out that Old Trafford was a poor example.

You know your in the relocation group...

have you ever actually gave the same commitment to looking into the redevelopment?

Why is there no redevelopment group? Trevor Skempton has put forward what seem at least proposals that deserved investigating as far back as 06/07 and including a Football Quarter. https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/06-07/comment/fans/13408-Skempton.php

November 16, 2017, 07:32:36 AM
Reply #2489

Thomas

More detail on skempton plans to redevelop Goodison

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/keep-everton-city-plan-football-3431364

"Expansion of Goodison Park.  Plans showing potential expansion of Everton's Stadium [existing structures are in Royal Blue, and new commercial buildings, including a hotel tower, magenta]. The left-hand image allows for development in small affordable steps. The right-hand alternative shows the pitch rotated, as a major first-phase, with a new school incorporated into the corner of the stadium. In both scenarios, the historic site and character of the World's first major football stadium would be retained as the centre-piece of a new Conservation Area. " From http://www.skempton.info/4654/6337.html