November 21, 2018, 12:15:01 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 135215 times)

December 14, 2017, 07:28:38 PM
Reply #375

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Who knew it would be so simple? Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth, none mastered this playing players in their own positions. Big Sam comes along, and for 6 mill a year, fixes it in one game.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 14, 2017, 07:36:19 PM
Reply #376

dazfrancis

It's definitely what we need. Until we get some real quality throughout the team, there's no point trying to play champagne football.

Agreed, I was originally against us appointing him but now I'm on board becuase it's nice going into games knowing our players are giving 100% and are not going to capitulate under the first whiff off opposition of pressure.

It might not be pretty but I'm happy with Pint of White Wine football until we sort ourselves out.

December 14, 2017, 07:48:00 PM
Reply #377

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Just like we bladdered Southampton and Leicester.
Might need to check the records but I'm sure that was under different managers. Although you have a point, there was no excuse for throwing away the league title losing to Carlisle and Luton over the Easter holiday. Same for that dreadful 45 min at Hull when we went 3 down. Let's not forget our last relegation either and getting knocked out of the cup by Shrewsbury. You might be right - nothing may have changed.
On the other hand it could just be you?☺
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

December 14, 2017, 07:50:07 PM
Reply #378

Gary1878

Who knew it would be so simple? Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth, none mastered this playing players in their own positions. Big Sam comes along, and for 6 mill a year, fixes it in one game.

Who knew that players like to play in their best positions? Its weird how you put these players in their best positions within the best formation and tactical set up, and suddenly you start playing better football.

Big Sam isn't a miracle worker. He is just sensible and knows how to set teams up properly. He isn't going to be revolutionary, but he will be very effective, especially in frustrating the opposition. He will also get belief back amongst the players and get them working for the shirt. His stint at Everton is exactly what we need to get a solid foundation to progress.

December 14, 2017, 07:53:29 PM
Reply #379

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Who knew that players like to play in their best positions? Its weird how you put these players in their best positions within the best formation and tactical set up, and suddenly you start playing better football.

Big Sam isn't a miracle worker. He is just sensible and knows how to set teams up properly. He isn't going to be revolutionary, but he will be very effective, especially in frustrating the opposition. He will also get belief back amongst the players and get them working for the shirt. His stint at Everton is exactly what we need to get a solid foundation to progress.

Indeed. Totally agree.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 14, 2017, 07:59:41 PM
Reply #380

ally2

It's funny how we view things. Before Sam there was plenty of debate around Sigurdsson and that he should pay number 10. He's playing left midfield at the moment (mainly), but that's all been forgotten because we're winning. Similarly before Rooney came back we mostly agreed that he shouldn't be in midfield. That's completely changed now.

December 14, 2017, 08:59:08 PM
Reply #381

JordanianEmbassy

Might need to check the records but I'm sure that was under different managers. Although you have a point, there was no excuse for throwing away the league title losing to Carlisle and Luton over the Easter holiday. Same for that dreadful 45 min at Hull when we went 3 down. Let's not forget our last relegation either and getting knocked out of the cup by Shrewsbury. You might be right - nothing may have changed.
On the other hand it could just be you?☺

I think you've completely misunderstood me!! :)

tbh I've got no idea what you're going on about? Have you replied to the wrong post?

December 14, 2017, 09:53:03 PM
Reply #382

Macca77

December 14, 2017, 10:10:22 PM
Reply #383

Bluedylan

He's done well.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 14, 2017, 10:54:33 PM
Reply #384

everton1952

Just the man we needed to sort out the Koeman debacle. Hopefully the NSNO manager name auction, listing about 10 potential future Everton managers from can be put to bed for a long time. Silva was the flavour of the month for many on here, but maybe the shine may have gone off him already, and very probably will have by the season's end. Dyche hasn't blotted his copy book yet; though of course we have those who will always maintain he is not good enough for a "club of our size."
Big Sam is the man, until we drop points in a bad run, and then the hatchets will no doubt be out wielded by those who will say they never wanted him in the first place. I hope he is here for the full contract and leaves us with praise ringing in his ears as he sails off into the sunset to his villa somewhere in Spain.   

December 15, 2017, 06:16:49 AM
Reply #386

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
https://talksport.com/football/talksport-exclusive-all-ive-done-stop-them-conceding-goals-sam-allardyce-his-everton

Just imagine where we might have been had he come in right at the beginning, but no, we wanted some super slick manager who would likely be doing nothing different to what we were doing all season.

December 15, 2017, 07:49:13 AM
Reply #387

eyesalwaysblue

Just the man we needed to sort out the Koeman debacle. Hopefully the NSNO manager name auction, listing about 10 potential future Everton managers from can be put to bed for a long time. Silva was the flavour of the month for many on here, but maybe the shine may have gone off him already, and very probably will have by the season's end. Dyche hasn't blotted his copy book yet; though of course we have those who will always maintain he is not good enough for a "club of our size."
Big Sam is the man, until we drop points in a bad run, and then the hatchets will no doubt be out wielded by those who will say they never wanted him in the first place. I hope he is here for the full contract and leaves us with praise ringing in his ears as he sails off into the sunset to his villa somewhere in Spain.   
Was Moyes on the list can't remember?....Hope he keeps WH up he's got them up for it at the mo.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 15, 2017, 01:33:07 PM
Reply #388

JordanianEmbassy

Agree - but if he's doing well right to the end of the contract then he should stay.

December 15, 2017, 02:31:14 PM
Reply #389

Alanvideo

Was Moyes on the list can't remember?....Hope he keeps WH up he's got them up for it at the mo.
..............we play them last day of the season .WHU should be safe by then given their current form. Hoping Palace ,Stoke and Newcastle go down.
We are special ,we are Everton.