December 16, 2017, 07:05:55 PM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 6980 times)

November 01, 2017, 07:01:54 PM
Reply #75

Gary1878

All immaterial, let's stick to reality not alternate universes.

Unfortunately that is our reality. It is what we have achieved versus expected results.

I am sure absolutely no one is unclear on the reality, which is that we have massively under performed in terms of points won and how we are playing.

I am confident that we won't continue on this path for much longer

deCoubertin

November 01, 2017, 07:19:34 PM
Reply #76

Lxxx

It's easy to write on a forum that we'll get a few wins, I agree with you there.

I do worry that the league has passed us by a bit in recent years - teams aren't scared of anyone anymore and most teams have invested in their sides, which is why us signing a load of players isn't getting us ahead of anyone.

We do have a number of players over the hill, without doubt. They need replacing desperately, but these aren't the issue currently.

My issue lies with Schniederlin and Gueye the most - seasoned pros supposedly in their prime who are doing absolutely shite all week in week out.

I do think we need to edge a win out of somewhere and suddenly confidence improves and results follow.

It's been a horrendous start, the worst imaginable really. But it's only been 10 games.

We can't jump the gun and get an Allardyce in - it paints us as a clueless and small time club. We need to have faith in Unsworth.

Could be worse though - imagine Niasse hadn't scored them goals against Bournemouth :(

Or a last minute penalty against Brighton.

It's also 17 games not just 10. In those 17 games we've wrote off the league, bombed our best chance of a trophy and virtually out of Europe, the competition which was supposed to herald the new dawn to Everton, international exposure to our new project.

I agree about Schneiderlin and Gueye, quite why we needed to give him a new contract at this time I don't know. I remember the days when you had to be pulling up trees to get a payrise now you just have to be able bodied, as evidenced with Mirallas too.

Still, three points at weekend and everyone will be talking about 7th again.

November 02, 2017, 01:15:27 AM
Reply #77

wepull

Nah, we are still a good side.

I think our defenders played quite well against Chelsea and Leicester and couldn't be faulted for the goals. I think one of the biggest issue is with the drop in form of big Morg; he was the key to our success in the second half and it's affecting us big time this season.

If I was the manager then I would shore up the defence first. Get their confidence back and then probably try to nick a goal. Once we know that we are solid at the back, we can experiment a bit and get the attacking line settled. This season we haven't had a settled attacking line up which has also hurt our game play, we end up doing 3-4 changes every game which isn't good for the team.

November 02, 2017, 01:30:12 AM
Reply #78

KoemansNumberTens

Nah, we are still a good side.

I think our defenders played quite well against Chelsea and Leicester and couldn't be faulted for the goals. I think one of the biggest issue is with the drop in form of big Morg; he was the key to our success in the second half and it's affecting us big time this season.

If I was the manager then I would shore up the defence first. Get their confidence back and then probably try to nick a goal. Once we know that we are solid at the back, we can experiment a bit and get the attacking line settled. This season we haven't had a settled attacking line up which has also hurt our game play, we end up doing 3-4 changes every game which isn't good for the team.

Sorry but we really aren't a good side. We've played 9 league games and maybe been dominant in 1 half against Stoke..... we are a dreadful side. We've got some reasonably good players. Unfortunately we might be comfortably the worst at full back (until Coleman comes back) and are beyond dreadful upfront. People need to get real now. We've got the makings of a good side but in terms of an 11 we can currently put on a pitch we simply aren't fit for purpose. Our forwards are so poor it's getting to the point where it almost doesn't matter what else we can field.

November 02, 2017, 03:23:11 AM
Reply #79

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Simple question...where are we strong?

November 02, 2017, 03:30:37 AM
Reply #80

Bluedylan

Midfield
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 02, 2017, 03:34:32 AM
Reply #81

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Midfield

Well I'd feel better with Barkley back for sure.

On the wings though? It says everything about this squad that we're still playing Mirallas who pretty useless form aside has wanted himself to leave for a couple of seasons.

I like Lookman and Vlasic, but I'm not sure I'd call them strong options as yet until they've put in regular performances.

November 02, 2017, 03:50:27 AM
Reply #82

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
i come onto this site for doom and gloom and pessismism.

What is this perspective bull shit?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 02, 2017, 04:03:35 AM
Reply #83

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
i come onto this site for doom and gloom and pessismism.

What is this perspective bull shit?

Per Spectiv - our new Eastern European manager
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 02, 2017, 04:24:43 AM
Reply #84

indiantoffee1975

I'd draw parallels to Aston Villa, the season after they sold Benteke they got relegated.
Anyone who doesn't think we are not in real danger of going down need to think again. The body language of some of our players is certainly questionable and you'd have to wonder if some of these players have got the stomach and fight for a relegation battle.

November 02, 2017, 04:37:06 AM
Reply #85

KoemansNumberTens

I'd draw parallels to Aston Villa, the season after they sold Benteke they got relegated.
Anyone who doesn't think we are not in real danger of going down need to think again. The body language of some of our players is certainly questionable and you'd have to wonder if some of these players have got the stomach and fight for a relegation battle.

Think people are delusional if they think we aren't in trouble. We've barely produced a competitive 45 minutes this season. We need results soon otherwise this will spiral

November 02, 2017, 04:54:45 AM
Reply #86

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Not saying we are not in trouble but Villa comparisons are slightly off. They were on the downward spiral for a good few years before they went down. We can fix this.

November 02, 2017, 04:57:03 AM
Reply #87

Evertonian in NC

I still think we are strong in goal.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 02, 2017, 05:26:01 AM
Reply #88

bluenuck

Not saying we are not in trouble but Villa comparisons are slightly off. They were on the downward spiral for a good few years before they went down. We can fix this.

Um, we've been on one for a few years. If it wasn't for Lukaku last season we would probably be right on their course.

November 02, 2017, 05:34:35 AM
Reply #89

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Um, we've been on one for a few years. If it wasn't for Lukaku last season we would probably be right on their course.

No we haven't though have we? Villa looked like relegation was a guarantee for about four seasons. Even in Martinez' last two seasons we didn't look like getting relegated. The Lukaku thing? Maybe, maybe not. The old "we still would've finished 7th without his goals" stat springs to mind.