December 15, 2017, 10:44:27 AM

Author Topic: Leicester City v Everton  (Read 12110 times)

October 28, 2017, 01:16:14 AM
Reply #60

Coyb12

He hasn't had the chance to play in a semi-functioning team yet, let along his preferred position. I'd like to see at least the former before jumping to premature conclusions that will no doubt come back to embarrass in the future.
He won't,he played twice in his preferred position and done nothing,yet Rooney plays in sereval different positions managers to get a few goals and is given a bad time,go figure.

October 28, 2017, 01:41:38 AM
Reply #61

Shogun

Administrator
He won't,he played twice in his preferred position and done nothing,yet Rooney plays in sereval different positions managers to get a few goals and is given a bad time,go figure.

Bloody hell, didn't realise he'd played there TWICE!

Absolutely plenty of opportunity that.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 28, 2017, 01:43:18 AM
Reply #62

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We've only got two scorers in the league all season so that's not much of an achievement and considering two of those came in the first two matches and another was a penalty then I don't think you should overstate his importance either.

Itís more everyone else gets a pass because of how poor weíve been, yet heís looked better than pretty much everyone else but isnít afforded the same presumed upswing.

October 28, 2017, 01:53:36 AM
Reply #63

Evertonian in NC

I am saying Wayne Rooney will not be a part of the next good Everton side, and he's not good enough NOW to be taking starting minutes away from players that will (or at least might).  It's time to move on, and grow as a real unit/team.  Rooney doesn't help that one bit.  He's not making other players better, he just wanders all over the pitch and scores the odd goal (given a huge amount of minutes).  That's all.

People like watching him for sentimental reasons.  But he shouldn't be starting.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 28, 2017, 01:58:00 AM
Reply #64

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I am saying Wayne Rooney will not be a part of the next good Everton side, and he's not good enough NOW to be taking starting minutes away from players that will (or at least might).  It's time to move on, and grow as a real unit/team.  Rooney doesn't help that one bit.  He's not making other players better, he just wanders all over the pitch and scores the odd goal (given a huge amount of minutes).  That's all.

People like watching him for sentimental reasons.  But he shouldn't be starting.
Your comparing him tho to niasse who is not good enough now, he wasn't good enough ever and in no way should we build a side around him.

Who is the best centre forward we have at Everton?

Simply simply lovely

October 28, 2017, 01:58:59 AM
Reply #65

Evertonian in NC

And no, I don't think Niasse is better than him.  But DCL is at least as good, and will get better with time/experience.  Sandro also needs to play in order to adapt and improve.  And FFS, we need to bring somebody in during the January window.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 28, 2017, 01:59:11 AM
Reply #66

Coyb12

Bloody hell, didn't realise he'd played there TWICE!

Absolutely plenty of opportunity that.
You are inferring he has not played there when he has and showed fuck all a quality player would show something wherever he played,but then you think Rooney is crap sums it up really.

October 28, 2017, 02:00:46 AM
Reply #67

Evertonian in NC

Your comparing him tho to niasse who is not good enough now, he wasn't good enough ever and in no way should we build a side around him.

Who is the best centre forward we have at Everton?

I am saying the "excuse" for Rooney needing to be in the XI because "he has the most goals" is silly.

DCL is the best center forward option we have at present, all things considered.  Not even close.  And we owe it to ourselves to TRY a run of matches with Sigurdsson behind him.

October 28, 2017, 02:05:35 AM
Reply #68

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

I am saying the "excuse" for Rooney needing to be in the XI because "he has the most goals" is silly.

DCL is the best center forward option we have at present, all things considered.  Not even close.  And we owe it to ourselves to TRY a run of matches with Sigurdsson behind him.

It's not just cos of the goals tho, it's his link up play, the fact he can hold up play, win fouls, gain us yards up the pitch, pick a pass.

Dcl is not the best option, he should be blooded in as he is only twenty and asking him to lead a front line is ridiculous.

Solanke at Liverpool, who incidentally won player if the tournament at the world's, comes on a sub for a Liverpool side that plays no centre forward.

Sigurdsson has offered fuck all really, why does he deserve more time than rooney?

We can't play for the future when we are in the bottom three, we need to play for now so imo rooney plays as he is our only serious goal threat.

Simply simply lovely

October 28, 2017, 02:10:19 AM
Reply #69

Waltzer

DCL isn't the answer. The ball breaks to our striker who is through 1 on 1 with the keeper, who'd you choose, DCL, Niasse or Rooney?
Say anyone other than Rooney and you're lying.
I know its a hypothetical situation but with our current lack of creativity and goals we need to be clinical. DCLs runs might look good but he'd probably need twice as many opportunities  as Rooney for the same return and that's something we haven't got.

October 28, 2017, 02:12:39 AM
Reply #70

eyesalwaysblue

Rooney's wander lust is the problem he undermines others, no point in him dropping back to pick the ball up in a full back position, what the fuck does he do it for? He can still put the ball in the net just stay up there and save yer fuckin old legs until a chance comes along and stop playing superman.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 28, 2017, 02:26:42 AM
Reply #71

Bluedylan

Personally don't have any issues with him and think he's done well, just don't ever want him in centre mid, as was suggested earlier in the thread by someone.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 28, 2017, 02:36:30 AM
Reply #72

Evertonian in NC

No, I want DCL.  I don't think Rooney has linked up well at all, or helped anyone else on the team.  That's been very disappointing.  He has more goal-scoring ability than I expected, but the rest has been awful (after the first few matches).

Rooney diminishes Sigurdsson on the pitch.  Takes away his room to operate because he has no positional discipline (which was a problem late at United, as others have stated).  We have made a significant investment, and he's young enough to have 3-4 good years at Everton.  Surely he's worth a 2 month run to see what you've really got, with competent management and room on the pitch to perform.  Makes sense for present and future. 

October 28, 2017, 02:46:48 AM
Reply #73

blue1948

And no, I don't think Niasse is better than him.  But DCL is at least as good, and will get better with time/experience.  Sandro also needs to play in order to adapt and improve.  And FFS, we need to bring somebody in during the January window.
Your last three posts are ridiculous ,get a grip . Time to rethink your stance on Everton players ,DCL is at least as good as Rooney ! What the hell is that based on ?

October 28, 2017, 02:48:34 AM
Reply #74

Evertonian in NC

Match ratings from the 2017 season.  ESPNFC or any credible, unbiased source.

One of these players will improve, one will steadily decline, your choice.  Head or heart.