January 19, 2018, 01:33:03 PM

Author Topic: Joe's letter  (Read 1945 times)

January 12, 2018, 06:10:26 PM
Reply #45

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Too many variables there ,first he is stupid then he is given credit for knowing what he is doing with his agent ,profit when selling on means he will progress -something he hasn't done yet .

No, not really.

Putting your trust in somebody does not require stupidity/credit. Putting your trust in the right person does. That was presented without comment. for whatever reason Barkley decided this agent was the one best served to look after his interests. he could be a good agent or a shit agent, we do not know. what we do no is that Barkley will take his advice. Because if he does not take his advice why would he still be working with somebody who's main job is to give advice?

Secondly, in todays market Barkley could not play again till summer and still make them 5-10m.

deCoubertin

January 12, 2018, 06:28:52 PM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

Rooney was 18, and the club was on it's arse. Barkley is 24 and we're more than comfortable financially. The naive kid thing doesn't wash.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 12, 2018, 07:03:16 PM
Reply #47

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Rooney was 18, and the club was on it's arse. Barkley is 24 and we're more than comfortable financially. The naive kid thing doesn't wash.

That's fair enough when looking to compare the two deals actually.

(but i think Rooney had more about him at 18 than Barkley does at 24)

January 12, 2018, 07:09:23 PM
Reply #48

Bluedylan

That's fair enough when looking to compare the two deals actually.

(but i think Rooney had more about him at 18 than Barkley does at 24)

Probably yes, but Ross Barkley is an adult. I think this 'agent manipulation' angle is such nonsense. Barkley makes the choices, the agent works for him. At any point, had Barkley wanted to stay, or even get us a bigger fee, he could have. One conversation would've sorted that. He could've even come to Kenwright or anyone at the club and said it, without the agent.

He's treated us like absolute garbage and fuck him for it.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 12, 2018, 07:11:48 PM
Reply #49

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Very difficult to argue with any of that to be fair.

January 12, 2018, 09:10:42 PM
Reply #50

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Bing?
Lycos?

https://duckduckgo.com/

no tracking, no personal information and you can use it with Tor.

Yeah, that's a good option if you don't shrug your shoulders regarding privacy. I'd not see the point otherwise if you're switching to Bing, etc. Plus Google like FB still track things other ways.

January 12, 2018, 09:56:35 PM
Reply #51

blue1948

No, not really.

Putting your trust in somebody does not require stupidity/credit. Putting your trust in the right person does. That was presented without comment. for whatever reason Barkley decided this agent was the one best served to look after his interests. he could be a good agent or a shit agent, we do not know. what we do no is that Barkley will take his advice. Because if he does not take his advice why would he still be working with somebody who's main job is to give advice?

Secondly, in todays market Barkley could not play again till summer and still make them 5-10m.

We could go on all night here .For that I am out

January 13, 2018, 12:48:41 AM
Reply #52

bacon sarnie

Probably yes, but Ross Barkley is an adult. I think this 'agent manipulation' angle is such nonsense. Barkley makes the choices, the agent works for him. At any point, had Barkley wanted to stay, or even get us a bigger fee, he could have. One conversation would've sorted that. He could've even come to Kenwright or anyone at the club and said it, without the agent.

He's treated us like absolute garbage and fuck him for it.

Liked for the quote and Robert Mitchum.

January 13, 2018, 03:52:58 AM
Reply #53

BlueWool

Half their job is to take the shit/blame. Blaming the agent is just falling for the story.