May 26, 2018, 09:41:13 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Everyone pointed out that the club or the metro major have done fuck all, that seemed to shut her up

The are an odd lot. Believe everyone is conspiring against them. Real Madrid the airlines and liverpool mayor to stop 1000 fans seeing the match. Not sure even what the motive would be
Save your energy, you correct one moron and another states the same thing 2 pages later, it's a pointless exercise

Too late :)
He's managed five clubs over a seven year period. That's pretty much standard for managers on the continent.

He left Estoril for Lisbon when he took them as far as he could.

He was unfairly sacked at Lisbon when they decided they wanted Jorge Jesus.

Then took the job at Olympiakos where he then left for so called personal reasons. No one really knows the reason behind that but his record there was very impressive.

Then went to Hull who were actually bottom of the league looking dead and buried. To even give them a hope of staying up is impressive in itself.

At Watford he took a team that finished 17th the season prior to top six before our intervention.

That run of results at Watford is pretty much the only blot on his copybook.

At Everton he'll have his first real opportunity at managing a settled club with a long term plan where he's made an integral part of said plan.

I also think the fact he's sat on this job for six months when he could've looked at other opportunities (Benfica were very interested for instance) gives me the impression he'll see this a massive opportunity to build something.

Also, look at it this way. We're all worried at how unsettled he became when the chance of a better job come along at Watford and we seem to think if that chance arises at Everton he'll throw the towel in. Well, if he does leave for a bigger club, that would mean he's done a very good job here :)
She’s a genuine lunatic. Everyone pointed out he was the only 1 that tried to help. She acted as if he’d done it just to dash their hopes. 3 kids she’s had. She shouldn’t be passing them genetics on

Everyone pointed out that the club or the metro major have done fuck all, that seemed to shut her up
He didn't take hull down.

He took over a club in 19th with an 11% win ratio, made them a much better team with a 33% win ration which would've seen them 14th over the course of a season.

Save your energy, you correct one moron and another states the same thing 2 pages later, it's a pointless exercise
She got absolutely slaughtered in the replies, funny as fuck. Also loving the loads of "but what about the potholes Joe" replies

She’s a genuine lunatic. Everyone pointed out he was the only 1 that tried to help. She acted as if he’d done it just to dash their hopes. 3 kids she’s had. She shouldn’t be passing them genetics on
“Nobody expected Liverpool to make the final”

True words from Klopp.

However if you told me they would avoid playing Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Juventus and PSG to get there, I could totally believe that.
Lets play a fun game of These Managers Aren't Good Enough For Us! I'll give you 3 options which I'm sure will be much more tempting than Silva:

Manager 1: He managed 4 clubs in Argentina, never lasted longer than a year at any and left the last two due to poor results, then spent just 6 months at a relegation fighting club in Spain, then just 6 months back at an Argentine club - what a terrible record! He must be awful! Kept on leaving clubs!

Manager 2: got relegated with Nancy, got sacked by Monaco when they were 17th, and spent 3 years managing in Japan... He sounds like a bit of a loser doesn't he! Only managed in poor leagues!

Manager 3: spent one year each at 4 Italian clubs, got one relegated, left the second because he was tempted by a bigger club, left the third when the were 19th in the league, and spent the 4th year in Serie B.... He sounds a bit rubbish too doesn't he, not to mention disloyal!

Well those are the careers of Diego Simeone, Arsene Wenger and Antonio Conte at the point when they joined Atleti, Arse and Juve respectively. I've picked them as they're relevant now but there are LOADS of similar examples.

(not my post, in the interest of full disclosure. Quoted it from another site)

Think with managers it’s less about their records and more about believing in their ideas (and hoping you’ve got the right people judging that talent)

There’s plenty with good to great records I’d question today. Mancini, Enrique, today’s Wenger and mourinho. There’s a handful of sure things and none of them want to come here.

I’m not 100% convinced with silva but he appears to have potential.

I really don’t know who people want if we are just going off their records. If silva had kept hull up and then produced a seasons worth of his early form at Watford we’d have no chance of signing him.
She's deleted it before I could give my opinions

She got absolutely slaughtered in the replies, funny as fuck. Also loving the loads of "but what about the potholes Joe" replies
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10