August 19, 2018, 12:52:58 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Claudio Marchisio
« Last post by Mick 1995 on 21 minutes ago »
Still, Bernard, Richarlison, Digne, Mina, Gomez, Zouma. I don't know what they are on, but I imagen they are on approx. the same wages as the out going Klaassen and Williams... Bernard on reported £200K... hard to belive that is correct.

No, he asked West Ham for £200k earlier in the summer.
We're paying him £100k
The Everton Forum / Re: Everton V Southampton
« Last post by Normm on 21 minutes ago »
It's nice that choices for man of the match are largely due to being on the front foot throughout. Think Gueye deserves praise for again putting us on the front foot. He's revived under Silva

From what I can see, everyone seems revived under Silva. Though we haven't seen much of Lookman yet, I would guess he will be glad he's still here and relishing to get his chance with this style of play.

Davies looked back to his best - sharp, aware, great lay-offs, great intercepts. Sigs was outstanding. Keane looks a different player. Gana is back to his proactive best. Tosun was solid as CF. Baines belies his years. Holgate did really well. Richarlison looks to be one of the most exciting players we have signed in years.

OK, some sharpness and understanding still lacking, especially on zonal marking. But, hey - this is so much better. At the end of the first half, I was drop jaw thinking: "The glory days are coming back." - At the end of the second, I was wiping the sweat off my brow in relief! - But we are definitely headed in the right direction!  :badum:   :woohoo:
The Everton Forum / Re: Claudio Marchisio
« Last post by GLewis on 23 minutes ago »
Still, Bernard, Richarlison, Digne, Mina, Gomez, Zouma. I don't know what they are on, but I imagen they are on approx. the same wages as the out going Klaassen and Williams... Bernard on reported £200K... hard to belive that is correct.

Mirallas was on a decent wedge too.

Still, the issue is making sure we get value for money from the squad.

« Last post by GLewis on 26 minutes ago »
Sigurdsson had a very good game.

We made the most of set pieces to increase the pressure by getting attempts on target even if they weren’t likely to go in.

Much better ideas and you can see what we’re trying to do.
General Football Chat / Re: Today's Football 2018/19
« Last post by TheRam on 26 minutes ago »
Lads, I've got a bet on the go. If Chelsea win, I'll pick up £567. I could cash out now for £270. Original stake was £168. Advice?

In the same situation.

£150 for a Chelsea win.

Was offered £130 cash out at 2-0.

Head is everywhere now.
« Last post by NomadskiEFC on 29 minutes ago »
Just got back from the game, happy with the result and the first half generally but we still conceded waay too many good chances to them, and we looked half asleep for a good 20 minutes of the second half.

Still, versus what we endured last year, an improvement.

EDIT: Also, the Southampton players were having a proper moan at the ref for a couple of minutes at the end.  ???
« Last post by mikey_blue on 29 minutes ago »
What's baffling is that Richarlison aside, this is basically the same team we ran out last season but entirely different feel to it.

Also, Mark Hughes is a cunt.

Systems matter. Koeman and Big Sam played disjointed shit house football, and the players knew it. Silva is letting them express themselves on the ball and drilling them off it. The lads look happier and that’s what brings the results. Early days, but started well.
« Last post by blueToffee on 33 minutes ago »
Amazing that they’re basically creating the same chance over and over again. Byeline to be middle of the six yard area.
« Last post by Martip on 34 minutes ago »
What's baffling is that Richarlison aside, this is basically the same team we ran out last season but entirely different feel to it.
Amazing what a bit of confidence, an arm round the shoulder and some tactical knowledge can do !
« Last post by Bluedylan on 35 minutes ago »
Arse going yet? The dangerous 2-0 scoreline

Arse has gone massively. Smashing the lot up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10