August 16, 2018, 10:35:13 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Niasse to Galatasaray
« Last post by brap2 on 2 hours ago »
For me the moment niasse gets on the pitch is an admission that we are rolling the dice on the rest of the game and hoping something can go in off his arse or through the keeperís legs.

I hope the side, and the manager, are actively working to reduce the amount of times we have to roll the dice like that.
« Last post by Gary1878 on 2 hours ago »
I don't know where DCL fits into Silva's style of play. It's not really a system that needs a holding striker, and as most people have pointed out, he isn't really a finisher. He will almost certainly be moved on after this season.

I would suggest that Niasse is above him in the pecking order due to his finishing ability, awkwardness/pace, and the way he fits into our way of playing more fluidly.
The Everton Forum / Re: Usmanov
« Last post by Polledreng on 2 hours ago »
Do most billionaires do anything meaningful with their fortunes though? The odd one or two at most
Bill Gates ?
Overhead a gang of Irish reds when I was out last night, apparently a gang of well known Everton gangsters threatened Karius and his family before the champions league final, that's why he made the blunders, the ref was also corrupt and had clearly been paid off. I engaged in convo with them and voiced my disagreement, got quite heated for a bit, then they bought me a pint and we had a good laugh, nice fellas, they admited to being deluded as fuck, said they can't help it
« Last post by Polledreng on 2 hours ago »
I know pre deadline there was talk of us being interested in a number of free agents, along with Bernard, were any of those strikers? I have looked but couldnt see the list that was put up
think it was Brands saying he had a list Not sure it was ever posted
The Everton Forum / Re: Caraboa Cup 2018
« Last post by april on 2 hours ago »
I keep thinking of Barry Manilow whenever I hear the dumb name of this cup now.
You ok deer?
« Last post by Trublue on 3 hours ago »
Makes sense to sell if we get a good offer, he is never going to be first choice. Also DCL should be second choice, to help his development. I know people say he can't finish be he won't improve not playing. He can do a good job holding up play for the attacking wide men to feed off his knock downs
« Last post by Mayor Farnum on 3 hours ago »
Niasse has no long term future. If there is pressure on wages it would make sense to potentially inconvenience ourselves for five months to get a player and his wages off the books. It won't derail our season losing an impact sub at best.
The Everton Forum / Re: Caraboa Cup 2018
« Last post by blargins on 3 hours ago »
I keep thinking of Barry Manilow whenever I hear the dumb name of this cup now.
« Last post by blargins on 3 hours ago »
To be honest starting either Niasse or DCL if Tosun want thereís doesnít fill me with loads of confidence with regards to control of the game with the former or goals with the latter.

Iíd also agree that our midfield control isnít yet good enough to play for long spells with a converted winger.

Iíd go for DCL out of those 3 options though.

But would still rate letting any option go unlikely.

DCL isn't a finisher, so for me, he'd be the man to hold things up for the creative players to come through and do something.

But the next piece in the jigsaw is a reliable striker to either challenge Tosun or to replace him and have Tosun as the backup.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10