October 19, 2018, 04:49:03 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
The Everton Forum / Re: [News]Everton's Silva lining
« Last post by Mayor Farnum on 16 hours ago »
Not "Untold Riches." Just a lot more than we've been used to in a quarter of a century.
The Everton Forum / [News]McCarthy: Coleman was a big help
« Last post by Everton News on October 18, 2018, 10:48:10 PM »
McCarthy: Coleman was a big help

Everton midfielder James McCarthy has given his first interview as his road to recovery from broken leg continues, and says that Seamus Coleman was a big help in his recovery.

Source: McCarthy: Coleman was a big help
The Everton Forum / Re: 2018-19 International Blues I
« Last post by Mouse on October 18, 2018, 10:41:08 PM »
I was very disappointed with Dowell in the cup game. Yes, he looks class and cultured on the ball but too often he drifted and the game just flew past him. I'm not sure he can cope with a pressing game. He seemed reluctant or unable to do the work required, which is strange considering he did so well at Forest for a large part of last season in the super-competitive Championship. But everyone says the speed of the Premier is another level and that seems to his achilles heal.

I hope I'm wrong and he can grow into one of those players who makes his own time and space. At the moment, he seems an easy target to subdue in our midfield.
« Last post by kramer0 on October 18, 2018, 10:39:19 PM »
Imagine if dowell, Lookman and vlasic all go on to achieve their potential elsewhere 😵

Very possible.
« Last post by D15TIN on October 18, 2018, 10:32:11 PM »
Don't think Dowell will make it here now, don't think he's impressed enough in the 2 games he's played

Will be loaned out in Jan, and probably sold on in the summer
« Last post by brap2 on October 18, 2018, 10:19:35 PM »
Imagine if dowell, Lookman and vlasic all go on to achieve their potential elsewhere 😵
« Last post by kramer0 on October 18, 2018, 10:08:28 PM »
I agree mate, would love to see more of him but you’d be the first to admit our midfield’s the most precariously balanced part of the side.

Sure, but we're talking about 20-30 minutes at the end of a match where we're on the front foot. You could easily sub him for Davies or Sigurdsson in that scenario without destroying our balance.

We are very, very open even with 3 midfielders who get through tons and tons of work. Opportunities might not have arisen just yet.

We've been open with midfielders who work hard for years now. Our inability to control the ball is the real issue. Dowell won't solve that problem today but he could be a part of the solution moving forward if we give him match time to develop.

As much as we’d like to keep him, it’s be far better for him to move away, probably permanently.

At some point, he's going to have to, and I think there's a fair chance he makes us look very stupid if he does move.
Tickets for sale / wanted / Re: Tickets for Palace game
« Last post by Gash on October 18, 2018, 08:04:59 PM »
@Seahawk Go on to the OS, there's tickets available together in GS5. They're right in the top corner though and are restricted views and restricted legroom but it might be better than nothing.

Also in the Top Balcony but they say "severely restricted".
« Last post by Shogun on October 18, 2018, 07:28:36 PM »
Never a Premier League footballer in a million years.

Too lightweight and slow.

Like Ozil?

Maybe not the best example that, actually.
« Last post by Bluenose 91 on October 18, 2018, 07:27:35 PM »
Never a Premier League footballer in a million years.

Too lightweight and slow.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10