October 24, 2017, 09:07:40 AM

Author Topic: Are Everton headed for a relegation battle?  (Read 3368 times)

October 01, 2017, 11:09:52 PM
Reply #30

Ross

Who knows?

Whatís evident is this isnít good enough and weíre drifting along rudderless. My main concern is weíll get worse before thereís a change, but just as bad as Koeman is he should still pull this nose dive around given the players at his disposal without any fear of relegation. Itís just this sort of run will come again if he remains in charge, rinse and repeat, and considering the money heís payed and the backing heís had itís not good enough.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:14:42 PM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

deCoubertin

October 01, 2017, 11:11:44 PM
Reply #31

Macca77

October 01, 2017, 11:14:10 PM
Reply #32

Realist

A nice tasty relegation battle

Ah right, thanks for your input 👍

October 01, 2017, 11:15:31 PM
Reply #33

Cuttyblue

No, but considering the Moshiri outlays were looking at about 10th-12th in the table and out of Europa at group stage. Major step back

October 01, 2017, 11:17:13 PM
Reply #34

BlueWool

Don't think so myself. Hardly outrageous to suggest though.

October 01, 2017, 11:25:38 PM
Reply #35

toffee_scot

Who knows?

Whatís evident is this isnít good enough and weíre drifting along rudderless. My main concern is weíll get worse before thereís a change, but just as bad as Koeman is he should still pull this nose dive around given the players at his disposal without any fear of relegation. Itís just this sort of run will come again if he remains in charge, rinse and repeat, and considering the money heís payed and the backing heís had itís not good enough.

Plus the football is actually quite shit, even when we do win. There have been very few games where we've played well in both halves.

It would be nice if we could get a manager who knows how to make the most of the players they have at their disposal even if there are one or two positions that need improving. The players are not necessarily crap, but the current system is.

October 01, 2017, 11:31:56 PM
Reply #36

Ross

Plus the football is actually quite shit, even when we do win. There have been very few games where we've played well in both halves.

It would be nice if we could get a manager who knows how to make the most of the players they have at their disposal even if there are one or two positions that need improving. The players are not necessarily crap, but the current system is.

Itís hard to think of a good 90 minutes performance since he rocked up isnít it?

City at home stands out but even then they were very wasteful and on another day it could have easily been a walkover.  But other than that thereís not been much to cling to and if you factor in the cups...
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 01, 2017, 11:37:38 PM
Reply #37

Macca77

October 02, 2017, 12:07:20 AM
Reply #38

everton1952

Not really, no. Certainly we will lose ground over last season and probably become a mid table team like Stoke, Newcastle.

October 02, 2017, 12:14:57 AM
Reply #39

bluenuck

No.

But the sad thing is is that it's not that crazy to suggest or even ask.

October 02, 2017, 12:49:24 AM
Reply #40

gizzblue

Why? Head in the sand time again is it?
Didn't mean to like .

October 02, 2017, 01:01:12 AM
Reply #41

Realist

October 02, 2017, 01:08:42 AM
Reply #42

gizzblue

October 02, 2017, 01:16:51 AM
Reply #43

blue slug

Looking at results and the way we are playing, if nothing changes then we seriously could end up in a relegation battle

October 02, 2017, 01:17:04 AM
Reply #44

AllyBlue14

I don't see any shred of positivity that we can take from the current position at the moment, in terms of picking up points.

My concern is, that I can't see the Board being in any hurry to get rid of Koeman. We're a sinking ship at the moment and looking at our team, how is it going to change?

I hate that it's even a consideration, but I think it's quite arrogant to dismiss it out of hand. We're in very poor form and the manager seems incapable/too ignorant to turn it round. Until that changes, I don't see how it's not a concern.