May 28, 2018, 06:43:46 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 16329 times)

Offline AllyBlue14

• Sandy Young
Re: Bournemouth v Everton
« on: December 30, 2017, 04:32:45 PM »
From what we have seen, he appears to have organised the defence much more quickly than we were expecting. It's all well and good saying 'well we only beat Huddersfield at Goodison and Newcastle are shite,' but I think the season hit crisis point with the defeat to Southampton and there was little hope of improvement at the time.

Having organised the defence so quickly, however, he seems to have made a rod for his own back and we're already expecting more going forward. I think that's where we all seem to disagree - some are more willing to be patient with this (generally the ones who weren't dead-set against his appointment), whereas those who were sceptical, let's say, want more attacking endeavour more imminently.

Given the Christmas schedule, the lack of training sessions and the fact he'll have to implement a defensive plan for each team we come up against, personally, I think it's more realistic to focus on continuing to shore up the defence and hoping the reintroduction of Rooney can spark some life in our limp attack.

Without doubt, though, we're going to have to show more. Given that we have United and the RS coming up in the Cup, plus a tricky away match against Bournemouth today (yes, the league is shit; yes, we should be better than them; they're in bad form but they're not as bad as some are making out) I reckon the focus will be on defence again.

Then once the matches thin out a bit, we have a few players coming back from injury and hopefully a couple of new additions, we'll have more time to concentrate on being more expansive going forward.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team