October 17, 2017, 11:12:16 AM

Author Topic: The European Domestic Football Thread.  (Read 104714 times)

July 31, 2014, 05:13:45 AM
Read 104714 times

hill135

So at the encouragement of @Shogun I am making this thread a couple of weeks before the season starts. It might not be used too much before then.

Anyway, it's intended as a place to discuss football happenings in other European leagues. I guess, given what people on here tend to watch, Spain, Italy and Germany will be the main ones, but feel free to talk about the Turkish or Portugese divisions if that's your thing.

There might be a bit of overlap with other threads (transfer rumours and today's football), but yeah I hope this will be useful.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:14:12 AM by hill135 »

July 31, 2014, 05:15:36 AM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

The Hungarian season's already under way. The Spray has been introduced, that's one technological advancement where we're ahead of the Premier League. :)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

July 31, 2014, 06:56:31 AM
Reply #2

Heisenberg

Not domestic. But Zenit were beated by AEL limasol in the champs league qualifiers today. Zenit are useless for a rich club

July 31, 2014, 02:13:34 PM
Reply #3

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
That puts us down in the EL draw then, doesn't it, as they'd have a better co-efficient than us?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

August 01, 2014, 01:18:38 AM
Reply #4

hill135

What are people interested to keep on an eye on in Europe this season?

In Spain, I'm keen to see how Suarez, Messi and Neymar fit together at Barca, and whether Luis Enrique is the next Pep of next Vilanova.

In Germany, I want to see how Immobile measures up against Lewandowski.

In Italy, I'm interested in whether Roma can continue to progress, how Inzaghi gets on at Milan, and whether Allegri flops at Juve.

August 01, 2014, 01:49:27 AM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator
Aren't Juve and Milan set to meet pretty early on in the season?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 01, 2014, 02:01:44 AM
Reply #6

hill135

Aren't Juve and Milan set to meet pretty early on in the season?

A few weeks in yeah.

Allegri should be up for it given how he was treated.

August 01, 2014, 02:29:32 AM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

I predominantly watch Spanish, so I'll be really interested to see how Mandzukic, Griezmann, Siquiera and Oblak replace Costa, Villa, Filipe Luis and Courtois and whether Atletico can sustain their challenge for a prolonged period. There's talk that Simeone wants to play more in wider areas and change the focus slightly, and Griezmann and Siquiera could be a particularly interesting combo.

Obviously the El Classico freakshow is going to be interesting as well. Rakitic at Barca, Kroos at Real, Suarez v Rodriguez. All a bit tacky, but will definitely make for some amazing games. Have no idea why Barca have spent so much on Jeremy Mathieu. Never looked anything special to me at Valencia, and he's soon 31. Bizarre.

Looking forward to seeing Jese Rodriguez a lot more, when he gets back from injury as well. Also interested to see how Rodrigo gets on at Valencia.

Going to try to catch some more Bundesliga as well, if I can. I imagine Lewandowski will have a stellar year, very interested to see how Immobile and Ramos do in his stead at Dortmund. I don't know the other Bundesliga sides well enough to comment, but I'm hoping to watch more and learn a bit this season.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

August 01, 2014, 02:40:17 AM
Reply #8

hill135

Spanish football is the one I tend to watch the least. Not really sure why. I'm going to try and watch more this season.

Atletico look to have acquired some good players to replace the ones they've lost. Not sure about Oblak though. Surely someone better was available to replace Courtois? They strike me as more of a system-based team anyway so if they buy players who can fit in perhaps they'll be OK.

August 01, 2014, 02:45:17 AM
Reply #9

Bluedylan

Spanish football is the one I tend to watch the least. Not really sure why. I'm going to try and watch more this season.

Atletico look to have acquired some good players to replace the ones they've lost. Not sure about Oblak though. Surely someone better was available to replace Courtois? They strike me as more of a system-based team anyway so if they buy players who can fit in perhaps they'll be OK.

Not tactically complex enough for you is it, hillster? And I'm sure I remember you saying that you find Italian men more attractive than Spaniards and South Americans?

I don't see enough Serie A at all. Again I'm going to try to watch more, but only so many hours in the day and all that and I have easier access to La Liga.

Anyone going to challenge Juve then?
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

August 01, 2014, 02:49:27 AM
Reply #10

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone going to give the Dutch league a watch?

Some great youngsters there I'm looking forward to watching more. Jordy clasie being the main attraction

August 01, 2014, 02:55:45 AM
Reply #11

hill135

Not tactically complex enough for you is it, hillster? And I'm sure I remember you saying that you find Italian men more attractive than Spaniards and South Americans?

I don't see enough Serie A at all. Again I'm going to try to watch more, but only so many hours in the day and all that and I have easier access to La Liga.

Anyone going to challenge Juve then?

Nowhere near enough. The day I see Sociedad or Villareal lining up 3-7-0 I'll start watching! And what can I say? Italian men have better hair and beards than Spaniards. Plus, I'm a sucker for a guy in Italian loafers  :blush:

Nah in all seriousness what I like about La Liga is how the vast majority of teams, if not all, actually play football. Less of that West Ham, Norwich City play-the-percentages shite. What puts me off - and I hate to be that guy - is the gamesmanship; but I think my view on this has been tainted by mainly watching El Clasicos.

Serie A is fairly accessible with a lot being on BT. I don't have BT at home but the fact it's on there means there's always a good stream available.

I think the only challenger this year will be Roma. While it's true Allegri is not Conte he is a good manager and, with the exception of Roma, Juventus have been so far ahead of the rest of the division these last few years that they could afford to drop fairly significantly and still be there or thereabouts. If Roma can replicate last season and Juve falter then an upset could be on the cards. I can't see anyone else challenging.

August 01, 2014, 02:57:31 AM
Reply #12

hill135

Anyone going to give the Dutch league a watch?

Some great youngsters there I'm looking forward to watching more. Jordy clasie being the main attraction

Thought he looked well good in the few minutes he had at the World Cup, very confident on that stage given his age.

Feyenoord would have been a good watch if they hadn't done a Southampton and lost their manager and sold half their team.

August 01, 2014, 03:03:54 AM
Reply #13

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he looked well good in the few minutes he had at the World Cup, very confident on that stage given his age.

Feyenoord would have been a good watch if they hadn't done a Southampton and lost their manager and sold half their team.

Ahhhh, who've they sold? They're who in looking forward to most really.

Some great young talent in that league elsewhere too.

August 01, 2014, 03:08:44 AM
Reply #14

hill135

Ahhhh, who've they sold? They're who in looking forward to most really.

Some great young talent in that league elsewhere too.

BMI, De Vrij, Janmaat and Pelle. Maybe big clubs sniffing around Clasie. They've still got that Vilhena, Kongolo and Jean-Paul Boetius

Just looked it up and supposedly Khalid Bhoularouz plays for them. That fucker must have played for every club in Europe :snigger: