August 21, 2017, 12:12:18 AM

Author Topic: Scottish Football Thread (SPFL etc)  (Read 6936 times)

September 11, 2016, 12:19:42 AM
Reply #60

Bally

Administrator
Celtic keep their 100% record with a 5-1 win at Paradise over Rangers.

4 points clear with a game in hand. Nice.
Paradise???? Since when has it been called that???
It's the roll I way

September 11, 2016, 12:22:45 AM
Reply #61

Gash

Global Moderator
Paradise???? Since when has it been called that???

Always has been as far as I know?

September 11, 2016, 12:25:58 AM
Reply #62

Bally

Administrator
Always known it as parkhead or celtic Park never ever heard it called paradise
It's the roll I way

September 11, 2016, 02:03:07 AM
Reply #63

ally2

redundant thread.

the only interesting thing about scottish football is how quickly rangers become competitive.  at least one more year

September 11, 2016, 11:06:08 PM
Reply #64

Gash

Global Moderator

September 11, 2016, 11:19:23 PM
Reply #65

Major Clanger

Not bad. Saved 3 penalties in half an hour.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-cammy-bells-stunning-hat-8812155.amp

That's nothing, according to Gillette Soccer Saturday, Paul Dixon was sent off at least ten times :)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 12, 2016, 01:43:49 AM
Reply #66

Cozzie

So Kros Boyd, former Rangers player, lost his brother to suicide this week, and Celtic fans do this

I know it is only the minority but this is just scum, no need for it at all.

September 12, 2016, 03:14:28 AM
Reply #67

ally2

September 12, 2016, 03:36:37 AM
Reply #68

Gash

Global Moderator
Classy.

Still, every club has it's minority of idiots and to be fair, they've been roundly criticised by fellow fans. Hopefully the club takes action against them.

September 12, 2016, 04:03:37 AM
Reply #69

KevtheRat

Watched the game yesterday, the quality of football is about equal to mid table championship level at best, how Celtic think they could possibly come into the premier league is laughable.

September 12, 2016, 04:24:46 AM
Reply #70

Gash

Global Moderator
Watched the game yesterday, the quality of football is about equal to mid table championship level at best, how Celtic think they could possibly come into the premier league is laughable.

I don't think anyone does at the moment but there's no doubt that Rangers and Celtic could probably both hold their own, eventually. Both get big crowds, are still seen by some as big clubs and there's proof in their heyday that Rangers could attract some very big names.

I don't even think the Premiership is at Championship level at the moment, probably nearer League One.

September 12, 2016, 02:37:24 PM
Reply #71

Thomas

Classy.

Still, every club has it's minority of idiots and to be fair, they've been roundly criticised by fellow fans. Hopefully the club takes action against them.

I've been discussing this on TalkCeltic Board, and there's a mixed reaction to it - as it coincided (i think accidentally) with a family death of Kris Boyd's and World Suicide Day. Personally I disliked it, even if it was meant to be about their club going out of existence - blow up dolls and hanging aren't the way to do it. Celtic are a huge club with a great history/tradition and thats why many supporters instead applauded the Green Brigades (traditional) tricolour 1916 centenary  display.

However having said that Rangers fans are being a bit self righteous about morality - they regularly sing songs about empire and the famine , bring banners by the racist far right Scottish Defence League and destroyed the away sections toilets after the game.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hate-parade-sickening-scots-extremists-6978496

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 02:42:47 PM by Thomas »

September 12, 2016, 02:38:17 PM
Reply #72

Thomas

I don't think anyone does at the moment but there's no doubt that Rangers and Celtic could probably both hold their own, eventually. Both get big crowds, are still seen by some as big clubs and there's proof in their heyday that Rangers could attract some very big names.

I don't even think the Premiership is at Championship level at the moment, probably nearer League One.

To be fair that's partially why Gary Hooper done so well, plucked from League One straight into SPL - yet he could bang them in at CL level as well - just like a certain Leigh Griffiths :D Although Hooper also proved he could stick it in the Premier League.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 02:42:09 PM by Thomas »

September 12, 2016, 03:54:11 PM
Reply #73

The Analog Kid

Jesus. There really are no limits to what goes on between those two sets of fans. Swear to God, if it was legal to carry guns over here then Parkhead/Ibrox would be a mess on matchday's.

September 12, 2016, 08:20:53 PM
Reply #74

BlueNoseMike

I've been discussing this on TalkCeltic Board, and there's a mixed reaction to it - as it coincided (i think accidentally) with a family death of Kris Boyd's and World Suicide Day.

Are you thinking or rather hoping it coincided with them events? Personally think it looks like too much of a coincidence myself.

One of my best mates is a massive Celtic fan (used to have a season ticket, despite being from and living in St. Helens) and he said the atmosphere on Saturday was incredible. I've been to games with him and enjoyed it and look out for their results etc.

However, my mate is one of those fans who are so deluded and biased about Celtic it's unreal. The amount of times I've been told that Celtic won the european cup with a team all born within 30 odd miles of the ground is ridiculous. He genuinely thinks Celtic would hold their own in the Prem (I admit with time they would do) and spouts on about having the best fans in the world. Apparently uefa voted them it once 10 years ago.

I always get the impression from him and some of the things he likes on twitter that the majority of the celtic fanbase is like this, a bit like Liverpool's. Spouting on about thier history and how good the club is, when in the here and now they are a bit shit