May 01, 2017, 03:41:22 AM

Author Topic: Full backs  (Read 732 times)

February 28, 2017, 04:26:44 AM
Read 732 times

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Is it just me, or is there a worldwide shortage of full backs who can attack and defend?
Clear eyes.  Full hearts.  Can't lose.

February 28, 2017, 04:36:03 AM
Reply #1

Bob Sacamano

We're back to a wingback phase. Only the elite like Lillian Thuram (sp) could do both.

There will be more little and large up front to try and combat the whole 3 at the back with wing backs. Were kind fbseeing it now with the really advanced AMs acting as the "little one".

February 28, 2017, 04:59:23 AM
Reply #2

ally2

It seems like there's not the quality in world football in general. The numbers of supreme players in all positions seems less than it was. Holland and Brazil seem so weak compared you what they were for 30 years before. Maybe part of it is players really only going to maybe 6 of the best clubs in the world and the domination of the richest club teams. You could say there's been a shift in tactical changes perhaps - more emphasis on the team. Not completely sure about that though.

February 28, 2017, 11:18:33 PM
Reply #3

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
It seems like there's not the quality in world football in general. The numbers of supreme players in all positions seems less than it was. Holland and Brazil seem so weak compared you what they were for 30 years before. Maybe part of it is players really only going to maybe 6 of the best clubs in the world and the domination of the richest club teams. You could say there's been a shift in tactical changes perhaps - more emphasis on the team. Not completely sure about that though.

I think midfield and attack are as good as they've ever been.  Goalkeepers don't seem as good as they used to be, but the game is different, faster, which will always make keepers look weaker when in fact they too are at a higher standard overall than ever before. 

Its just full backs.  Look at the top teams in each country and their full backs are of nowhere near the quality in their position as the rest of the team are in theirs.  Maybe its not a new thing, and its always been the case as who really when they're a kid dreams of growing up and playing fullback?  Its always the players who weren't any good anywhere else that got shunted there.

March 01, 2017, 12:01:37 AM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

David Alaba, Ricardo Rodriguez, Juanfran, Cesar Azpilicueta, Jordi Alba, Dani Carvajal, Danny Rose, Kyle Walker, Hector Bellerin, Raphael Guerreiro, Jonas Hector, Lukasz Piszczek, Stephan Lichtsteiner.

Some cracking players in amongst that lot, and probably others I've missed out.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

March 01, 2017, 12:04:07 AM
Reply #5

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
David Alaba, Ricardo Rodriguez, Juanfran, Cesar Azpilicueta, Jordi Alba, Dani Carvajal, Danny Rose, Kyle Walker, Hector Bellerin, Raphael Guerreiro, Jonas Hector, Lukasz Piszczek, Stephan Lichtsteiner.

LAhm?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 01, 2017, 12:06:27 AM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

LAhm?

The best of the lot. Left him out, cos he's jacking it in.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

March 01, 2017, 01:09:20 AM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The best of the lot. Left him out, cos he's jacking it in.

Guess he has won everything there is to win. Might as well enjoy more time with his family. Awesome awesome player.

Saw him in Johannesburg when Germany sent an u23 team to play South Africa in a friendly.Was by far the best player on the pitch even then when he was the youngest. Brilliant player.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 01, 2017, 02:01:11 AM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 01, 2017, 03:07:12 AM
Reply #9

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

That's 13, and theres a couple on there I'd not class along with the rest.  In the whole of world football when each team has 2 of them that's really not a lot at all.

March 01, 2017, 04:59:11 AM
Reply #10

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
The lad Alonso at Chelsea is a bit good isn't he

Plus our Seamus obviously
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 01, 2017, 05:36:36 AM
Reply #11

Shogun

Administrator

Interesting fact.

He killed a woman whilst drink driving in 2011 and paid his way out of a prison sentence.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 01, 2017, 05:41:17 AM
Reply #12

Bluedylan

Interesting fact.

He killed a woman whilst drink driving in 2011 and paid his way out of a prison sentence.

And I think he's a good wingback, pretty much absolved of defensive responsibilities, but I'd have a heart attack if he played full back for my club in a back 4.

March 02, 2017, 03:52:39 AM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

No.

March 02, 2017, 03:58:12 AM
Reply #14

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
No.

A lot good?

Reckon he will be in team of the season
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!