June 25, 2018, 01:37:28 PM

Author Topic: What am I missing...  (Read 3242 times)

December 31, 2017, 03:47:50 AM
Reply #15

BlueBeagle

Re: Klassen, I don't think we know how bad he is yet.

Fixed for accuracy

December 31, 2017, 03:51:18 AM
Reply #16

GrantyBoy78

I think Sam took a gamble today that he could get something at Bournemouth with a 'weaker' side and have the stronger side for Monday.
To be fair with injuries (+ McCarthy and Bolasie out for so long) Gueye and Rooney not fully fit (?) DCL looking like he needs a rest plus any other things we don't know he really is playing with a squad just holding together with sticking plaster. Been lucky a couple of times in the unbeaten run and got away with it, today the luck deserted us and we probably got what we deserved.

Be glad when the transfer window is done as we can then assess on who we have signed and let go plus some players should be back AND match fit.
We were bought out about 2 years ago and we’re still having to assess the squad...

December 31, 2017, 01:18:43 PM
Reply #17

Juanito

Every time I have seen Beni Baningine, I have been impressed with his positional sense, tackling and distribution. More so than McCarthy and Schneiderlin.  I would love to see us play something like;

Gana  Beni
Bolasie   Sigurdsson  Vlasic
              Tosun

December 31, 2017, 01:30:59 PM
Reply #18

TSGun

McCarthy was pretty good, maybe even really good, when he first joined us.

It's a shame of his gradual decline.

December 31, 2017, 02:35:28 PM
Reply #19

therealdunc

He was piss poor again today.  I really really dont understand whats happened with him.

The problem is there is no one else in the squad.
The team is clearly fatigued but we don’t have the quality alternatives to replace players like schniderlin who is meant to be one of the fittest players in the squad
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:37:52 PM by therealdunc »
Blue

December 31, 2017, 02:48:14 PM
Reply #20

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
McCarthy was pretty good, maybe even really good, when he first joined us.

It's a shame of his gradual decline.
Remember when we won 2-0 in Wolfsburg (and my son told me it was the Best Everton in his time as an Evertonian) McCarthy got injured and when he finaly returned he was never the same. Before that game he was amazing

December 31, 2017, 02:55:12 PM
Reply #21

JordanianEmbassy

He’s a body and we’re short of bodies. Sam will want to see how well these players perform for him before deciding if he wants to keep or to sell them. Ideally he’d need a pre-season to assess his squad.

Yeah that must be it. Hence giving Sandro the second half against Chelsea. Now we've got as few points from his first few games it looks like he's giving everyone a chance to prove themselves.

December 31, 2017, 05:45:46 PM
Reply #22

ally2

I don't know what's happened to him but once upon a time he was brilliant for us.

December 31, 2017, 08:09:11 PM
Reply #23

School of Science

Basically we have footballers who treat the ball like a hot potato, the money we have spent and as yet they do not seem to be able to keep possession and pass it around like most other teams in the PL.
I realize we have players coming back from long term injury and that they will have to be bedded carefully back into the team. But there seems to be no cohesion to our play at all, or no direction. We are desperate for a playmaker, having supposedly bought four in the summer, a Silva type player ( David or Bernardo )
We used to have two, Pienaar and Arteta during the Moyes years, what I'd give for them scouts /  players today. Because tbh for all the money we have spent, the players we have bought, we are a worse team than we were then, with no money.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 02, 2018, 07:46:30 PM
Reply #24

dekko

Nobody mentioned but he shut up a lot of people here by showing some balls against Utd. He brought in a lot of energy, will to fight for balls and tackles. How a proper DM should be playing at all times.
Schneiderlin should be taking some notes.

January 08, 2018, 12:34:30 PM
Reply #25

wepull

Thought he was pretty good against the RS. He's a strong lad with a decent pace and it's not easy to go past him. He may not have the abilities with the ball on his feet but he's pretty good at his position. Just needs to be fit for a longer period of time.

January 08, 2018, 03:27:29 PM
Reply #26

gizzblue

Was doing the two Dm's job on his own for years ...he's on light duties working along side another dm...

aside Morgs obvs .

January 08, 2018, 06:42:47 PM
Reply #27

SANA_DR0

...with James McCarthy that every Everton manager seems to see in him?

Is he what we've been missing in recent matches? No. true no, but with say him and Gueye, if gives us to play a creative/box to box/ball playing midfielder, who i guess wont have to do much tracking / running as McCarthy and Gueye willmake up for it

Is he anything more than an average midfielder? No. again i agree, but if he is average, and Schneiderlin is a Rolls Royce... and i would say over the 4 years McCarthy has put in as good as displays as Morgan has the last year.. I know MS is a better passer, but that McCarthy lacks in passing is made up in determination and continually hunting the ball down.. in his sporadic appearances the last 2 seasons,, he seems to be better at going forwards/finishing too (he has improved)

Can he be depended on? No.agreed again.. lol, but if he can sort out his injuries.. and play consistently..i think we will have a player who is worth what we paid for.

Is he committed to Everton? No. i dont know about this, hopefully he is committed to us more than he is his international team, Every manager as you said wants to see what he is like.. so there must be more to him that we aren't seeing.

We have a better version of him at the club in Gana so why the fuck is he still here? true, i guess he is here cos, he is better than Besic, and Schneiderlin.. different to Davies, I'd rather have Baningime ahead of him, but it is what it is.. he can be better than we we have seen of him so far

sorry devils advocate.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 11, 2018, 04:17:55 AM
Reply #28

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Are you fucking messin’

https://instagram.com/p/BdyNe_ehFJ2/

He needs to get of now before I chin him.

January 11, 2018, 04:23:25 AM
Reply #29

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Are you fucking messin’

https://instagram.com/p/BdyNe_ehFJ2/

He needs to get of now before I chin him.

I can only see the picture. What's wrong with it?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: