June 23, 2018, 03:19:48 PM

Author Topic: Bolasie  (Read 1128 times)

June 14, 2018, 02:27:21 AM
Reply #15

Topper

Signing Tosun was the deal of the century to raise our profile in Turkey and make them aware we have a lot of deadwood to get rid of. Clear masterstroke by messrs  Walsh and Allardyce, always thinking ahead for the benefit of our club  :whistle:

June 14, 2018, 03:33:26 AM
Reply #16

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Is there a "creative accounting" benefit from sending players like that out on loan? As in selling them when their book values has reduced due to amortisation, so the trading loss isn't as great?

I can't be arsed working out the numbers.

I was trying to work that out the other day when the Klaassen links came about.

Klaassens book value this summer would be £18m.  It'd be a pretty heavy hit to the FFP allowance if we only got say £12m for him, but loaning him for 2 years his value would only be £6m and we'd either break even selling him cheap, or even make a profit if he does okay?  This is all on paper for FFP reasons though because in reality we'd be losing more money that if we sold him now, and thats what i don't understand about FFP that in order to protect clubs from doing a Leeds the new rules make it more complicated to not lose money than to lose it?

Bolasie's book value on the other hand should only be about £10m this year, and i'd be amazed if we couldnt sell him for that?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 03:34:27 AM by Goaljira »
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

June 14, 2018, 03:38:15 AM
Reply #17

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Is there a "creative accounting" benefit from sending players like that out on loan? As in selling them when their book values has reduced due to amortisation, so the trading loss isn't as great?

I can't be arsed working out the numbers.

Yeah there would be from a FFP point if view, providing you got the same fee in 1 or 2 years time.

In the real world the cash figure is still the most important bit.

June 14, 2018, 04:07:04 AM
Reply #18

van der Meyde

Yeah there would be from a FFP point if view, providing you got the same fee in 1 or 2 years time.

In the real world the cash figure is still the most important bit.
Because that's the actual revenue/cash flow, which is presumably the be all and end all?

Does any profit on the book value get classed as revenue in addition to that? I'm assuming not?

June 14, 2018, 04:16:01 AM
Reply #19

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Because that's the actual revenue/cash flow, which is presumably the be all and end all?

Does any profit on the book value get classed as revenue in addition to that? I'm assuming not?

Yeah revenue figure is the gross cash income amount.

Profit is that less the carrying value of the individual player.

So Klaassen now would be worth £20m carrying value (rough figures of £25m/5 year deal) so anything less than that (say 15m) would result in a loss on the trade.

Keeping him for 2 years and selling for 15m would see a further 10m depreciation (so carrying value of £10m) so we’d see a profIt of £5m.

Obviously there’d be wage cost impacts too. 

June 14, 2018, 04:47:50 AM
Reply #20

dunkster

Just stop being such a stresshead.

How am I stress head?
I merely said parts I've read, it doesn't mean I believe them, I don't pretend it's just my opinion or that Its factual knowledge. You come out with shit like ' I gotta stop reading stuff cos I don't have the ability to decode stuff and read between the lines etc. Like I'm some sort of ten year old school kid.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 14, 2018, 04:57:38 AM
Reply #21

Macca77

To quote Randolph and Mortimer Duke "sell sell sell!"

June 14, 2018, 04:58:50 AM
Reply #22

Bluedylan

How am I stress head?
I merely said parts I've read, it doesn't mean I believe them, I don't pretend it's just my opinion or that Its factual knowledge. You come out with shit like ' I gotta stop reading stuff cos I don't have the ability to decode stuff and read between the lines etc. Like I'm some sort of ten year old school kid.

That's quite a stressy response to be fair.

All I'm saying is that you're one of the only people on the site going on about 'we've got to sell to buy' stuff and that's clearly not the case. Chill out. Brands and Co have got it, and if they fuck up or there's some evidence that we're operating like that, we'll all criticise them together.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.