June 25, 2018, 04:02:18 AM

Author Topic: IF we sign Landon Donovan....  (Read 8005 times)

December 16, 2009, 05:06:02 PM
Read 8005 times

62toffee

....will he be eligible for the next stage of the Europa Cup draw?

December 16, 2009, 05:19:19 PM
Reply #1

MmmBlueRamirez

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 16, 2009, 05:33:56 PM
Reply #2

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, if we register him.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 16, 2009, 05:38:07 PM
Reply #3

MmmBlueRamirez

Yes, if we register him.

:blush:

Knowing us, it will be a protracted affair because Bill will be trying to save a few pennies on wages and we'll sign him after the deadline to register players for the knockout stages of the competition.  :headbang:

December 16, 2009, 05:40:43 PM
Reply #4

Jamokachi

Knowing us, it will be a protracted affair because Bill will be trying to save a few pennies on wages and we'll sign him after the deadline to register players for the knockout stages of the competition.  :headbang:

http://www.mls-daily.com/2009/12/breaking-news-galaxy-prepare-major.html

Maybe not!

December 16, 2009, 05:44:13 PM
Reply #5

MmmBlueRamirez

December 16, 2009, 05:51:13 PM
Reply #6

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Hmmmm....

theres plently of scope for fuck ups still.

Like work permits.

He has over (or nearly) 100 caps for USA, won't be a problem.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 16, 2009, 05:55:50 PM
Reply #7

MmmBlueRamirez

He has over (or nearly) 100 caps for USA, won't be a problem.

Its not the fact that he has or hasn't got the criteria to get a work permit its the fact that some chumps at the club have to fill in the paper work. Scope for fuck ups are everywhere.

December 16, 2009, 09:32:12 PM
Reply #8

Endless, Nameless

I'd hope so. We need all the players we can get now that Heitinga can't play in it, so I'm told.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 16, 2009, 10:01:56 PM
Reply #9

BlueWool

The registration date isn't until Febuary, so it's not possible to sign someone too late.

December 16, 2009, 11:39:22 PM
Reply #10

.Rimbo.

Breaking news on SSN: Donavan having press conference at 8 pm tonight. Expected to announce he's signed for us on loan.

December 16, 2009, 11:42:27 PM
Reply #11

brazilian_blue4life

Do u guys think we would be able to possibly buy him if he ended up playing well for us?

December 16, 2009, 11:54:44 PM
Reply #12

cantoffee

Do u guys think we would be able to possibly buy him if he ended up playing well for us?

The MLS would be reluctant to let him go(MLS owns all the players in the league, the teams are just franchises), so we'd have to pay a decent fee for him, and for that reason I don't think he'll sign permanently.

December 16, 2009, 11:58:31 PM
Reply #13

brazilian_blue4life

The MLS would be reluctant to let him go(MLS owns all the players in the league, the teams are just franchises), so we'd have to pay a decent fee for him, and for that reason I don't think he'll sign permanently.

I c... so he would fall in the same case as Milan couldnt sign Beckham for good.

December 17, 2009, 12:02:57 AM
Reply #14

cantoffee

I c... so he would fall in the same case as Milan couldnt sign Beckham for good.

Similar, but Beckham had the chance to opt out of his contract(a clause of some sort), Donovan does not, as far as I know, have a similar clause. Although if he said he wants to go he'd be able to but the league would seek a good fee to compensate for the loss of probably their second most marketable player(behind beckham of course). Basically we don't have the money for him, that's the long and short of it.