December 11, 2017, 05:38:00 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 19287 times)

November 29, 2014, 07:53:03 AM
Read 19287 times

Shogun

Administrator

Tottenham Hotspur v Everton FC
White Hart Lane
Sunday 30th November 16:00
Premier League Match #13

Tottenham - Premier League 14/15

Manchester City 4-1 Tottenham - (Eriksen)
Tottenham 1-2 Newcastle (Adebayor)
Aston Villa 1-2 Tottenham (Chadli, Kane)
Tottenham 1-2 Stoke (Chadli)
Hull City 1-2 Tottenham (Kane, Eriksen)

Everton - Premier League 14/15

Everton 3-0 Aston Villa (Jagielka, Lukaku, Coleman)
Burnley 1-3 Everton (Eto'o x2, Lukaku)
Everton 0-0 Swansea
Sunderland 1-1 Everton (Baines Pen)
Everton 2-1 West Ham (Lukaku, Osman)

Tottenham

Tottenham's victory over Hull City was their 5th win of the season. Tottenham have now gone six premier league matches without drawing a game (W3 L3) since the 1-1 draw in the North London Derby. Tottenham have currently scored in seven matches in a row which is only bettered by Chelsea (12) & Manchester City (9). However, they've also gone five matches without keeping a clean sheet which is a run exceeded only by Crystal Palace (6) and Stoke (6). Three of Tottenham's five wins this season have come due to injury time goals (West Ham 1-0, Aston Villa 2-1, Hull 2-1).

Interestingly, Tottenham have played at home following their European fixture for all six occasions this season with that trend set to continue at the weekend. However, they've failed to take advantage of this fortune with just 6 points from a possible 18 including defeats to three teams in the bottom half of the table. Everton have taken an unimpressive 4 points from 12 in their fixtures, though have shown improvement through the season. Everton have won their Europa League group whilst Tottenham are currently top of their group having secured qualification.

Possible Line ups

Everton

Everton went five matches unbeaten in the Premier League with a 2-1 home win against West Ham last time out with only Chelsea (12) & Newcastle (6) currently on longer unbeaten streaks. Everton have four points less than at this stage last season yet are still only two points from 4th spot which is only one point less than at this stage last season. Everton have kept just two clean sheets in their last 21 visits to London (0-0 Crystal Palace 09/11/13 & 0-0 Arsenal 16/04/13). Only four teams have taken more points from away fixtures in the Premier League this season than Everton (9).

There really isn't much to read from this table (but I made it anyway). Chelsea, Southampton and West Ham appear to be the biggest movers over the last couple of months whilst Newcastle were so poor for the first half of the year (16/57 points) that their rise is unnoticeable. Liverpool are falling down the yearly table whilst most other teams are where you'd expect them to be. Hull City are also stalling at the bottom but it's the three promoted teams who currently occupy the relegation places in the regular season, fortunately for Steve Bruce.

Stats & Injuries

Tottenham Emmanuel Adebayor, Etienne Capoue, Nacer Chadli and Danny Rose are all fit to return for this match. Andros Townsend will undergo a late fitness test and Kyle Walker will miss out. Kyle Naughton is suspended.

Everton - Leighton Baines, Gareth Barry, Steven Naismith and Steven Pienaar are in contention to return to the squad following injury. James McCarthy is less likely to return after going off against Wolfsburg whilst Antolin Alcaraz, Bryan Oviedo and John Stones continue their recovery. Darron Gibson is also doubtful.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 29, 2014, 08:02:47 AM
Reply #1

Thornton_19

I think Baines will make it, but i don't think Barry will shogs.

I really think we will see a Besic  Baines CM this weekend. Thought Besic was class against Wolfsburg dropping deep and picking up the ball, no need in rushing Barry when he can so that job.

November 29, 2014, 12:22:56 PM
Reply #2

The Analog Kid

Top work Agent Shog's.

November 29, 2014, 02:26:31 PM
Reply #3

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Weird that spurs have played at  home after every euro game.

November 29, 2014, 03:06:14 PM
Reply #4

orangecrush16

Am going to this. Think we can get something here. Spurs aren't up to much really, though on their day they could probably turn anyone over. Going for a 2-1 but not with a huge amount of confidence. Will be said so many times throughout the season, but reckon this is our most important game so far...til the next one of course. 
Don't die wondering !

November 29, 2014, 03:37:00 PM
Reply #5

The Analog Kid

Weird that spurs have played at  home after every euro game.

And lost.

November 29, 2014, 04:33:48 PM
Reply #6

hill135

This is the fixture in which we always play well but never get what we deserve. Think we can break that duck tomorrow.

November 29, 2014, 06:09:20 PM
Reply #7

ally2

Really dislike that Harry Kane at the moment.
1. Because he's called Harry and cockney's think it a good 'lad' name.
2. Because I just hate his face.
3. Because he's actually doing quite well for a young kid.

November 29, 2014, 06:26:10 PM
Reply #8

indiantoffee1975

I'd imagine it'll be four changes from Thursday night. Baines, Coleman, Barkley and Naismith replacing Garbutt, Hibbert, McCarthy and Eto'o. Barry on the bench.

November 29, 2014, 07:23:43 PM
Reply #9

hill135

Really dislike that Harry Kane at the moment.
1. Because he's called Harry and cockney's think it a good 'lad' name.
2. Because I just hate his face.
3. Because he's actually doing quite well for a young kid.

Agreed. Harry kane looks like a giant thumb, or one of the worms from that PS1 game of 15 years ago Worms.

November 29, 2014, 07:27:57 PM
Reply #10

itsmyprtyanimromelulukaku

"A relegation battle doesn't start until about ten games to go and by then we won't be anyway near it" Ross 14.01.15 i fuckin hope so lad

November 29, 2014, 09:01:50 PM
Reply #11

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Can't see Baines, naismith or Barry playing. Be besic and Osman in the middle. Wouldn't start Barkley and Eto'o one or the other would put Mc Geady on the right

November 29, 2014, 11:27:48 PM
Reply #12

American Evertonian

Results did not go Everton's way today so definitely need a win to keep pace.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

November 30, 2014, 12:35:34 AM
Reply #13

Alanvideo

Our record at 'The Lane ' as they call it isn't good ,only 16 wins in 78. Haven't won since 2009 which was our 3rd consecutive win down there. I'd take a draw but I have a feeling we can nick this.
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 30, 2014, 12:39:48 AM
Reply #14

MmmBlueRamirez

Need Besic to do a job on lamela. Not really bothered about their strike force. Their defence is a bit shit as well. Frankly is be disappointed if we didn't get a favourable result.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama