August 17, 2018, 04:04:46 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 14321 times)

December 23, 2017, 10:39:49 PM
Reply #435

KoemansNumberTens

Really happy with what I've seen from Sigurdsson last few weeks. Proper stood up and been counted and not let the price tag weigh him down.

Fans will love him if he keeps grafting like that, and he's the main one producing little moments of quality (apart from Rooney). Looking forward to us getting more out of him when we improve in possession.

Me too. Was very good today. Flashes of real quality, lots of neat and tidy play and amazing workrate. Do think he's more Pedro than hazard though. Not really a genuine playmaker more someone who has great moments rather than controls any games

December 23, 2017, 10:41:36 PM
Reply #436

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Really happy with what I've seen from Sigurdsson last few weeks. Proper stood up and been counted and not let the price tag weigh him down.

Fans will love him if he keeps grafting like that, and he's the main one producing little moments of quality (apart from Rooney). Looking forward to us getting more out of him when we improve in possession.
His link up with rooney has been a real positive and he missed him today but he works hard and has moments of class. Fans will be happy with that
Simply simply lovely

December 23, 2017, 10:48:50 PM
Reply #437

everton1952

One bit of gloom I suppose is the performances of Davies who was poor again today. I guess he would not have played if Rooney had been fit. I don't think he has done anything to impress the new manager. Surely Vlasic is worth a run in the team and will probably get his chance in the next hectic weeks. It is remarkable that Cuco who was the butt of everyone's criticism earlier is doing a decent job at left back. It takes the urgency out of that position particularly if Baines gets back to half decent form. Oh for a striker though. I wonder who Sam has his eyes on?  Wonder where Koeman got it so wrong with the same squad?

December 23, 2017, 10:55:02 PM
Reply #438

Bluedylan

One bit of gloom I suppose is the performances of Davies who was poor again today. I guess he would not have played if Rooney had been fit. I don't think he has done anything to impress the new manager. Surely Vlasic is worth a run in the team and will probably get his chance in the next hectic weeks. It is remarkable that Cuco who was the butt of everyone's criticism earlier is doing a decent job at left back. It takes the urgency out of that position particularly if Baines gets back to half decent form. Oh for a striker though. I wonder who Sam has his eyes on?  Wonder where Koeman got it so wrong with the same squad?

Kevin Gameiro
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 23, 2017, 10:59:39 PM
Reply #439

Lxxx

December 23, 2017, 11:09:40 PM
Reply #440

Macca77

Roll on January, gonna be interesting

December 23, 2017, 11:10:52 PM
Reply #441

Cuttyblue

Weíve got some good players but not that many in the front positions.

No shots from the DCL tackle chance, Kenny crossing instead of pulling back just after half time, the Keane header and the the break where Azpilicueta tackled Sandro is due to not having top players in those areas.

We obviously need to be better overall but a clinical side can still be defensive and win the game.

We need a top forward.

We win today's game 1 or 2-0 with Lukaku or a similar top-line striker up there.

December 23, 2017, 11:20:00 PM
Reply #442

Macca77

Would like to see a performance against West Brom like

December 23, 2017, 11:28:57 PM
Reply #443

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The shapes there, the organisation and hard work and fitness is there. The confidence that leads to good performances still isn't. That will come and I reckon at some point somebody is going to get walloped post January. In the meantime slow and steady progress is more than good enough

December 23, 2017, 11:34:43 PM
Reply #444

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He needs to be careful after all the shite he's spouted about his first signing showing the way forward
Simply simply lovely

December 23, 2017, 11:35:17 PM
Reply #445

eyesalwaysblue

Give or take a place we are were we'll finish with this squad and it's limits, not an Evertonian alive wouldn't have taken that pre Allardyce.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 23, 2017, 11:46:16 PM
Reply #446

Heisenberg

Would like to see a performance against West Brom like

Well this is it. For me, horrible ugly points against the top sides are sound. Providing we beat the bin heads, which we have been doing. Don't get the negativity. We also have our 5 most creative players out

December 24, 2017, 12:21:27 AM
Reply #447

therealdunc

Totally agree it's a combination and so far we are doing only half of it but we are doing it brilliantly.

We just don't have attacking players that control possession. We don't have a winger with genuine quality and we don't have a striker who can consistently hold it up. When these things change we'll get better performances in attack

This is spot on

We donít have any top quality wingers in the squad (Bolasie pre injury was not top class)

We donít have any top quality strikers in the squad

You could even argue we donít have any top quality midfielders, Davies found out again today, Schneiderlin did OK and no more than OK.

A real quality box to box midfielder, winger (or 2) and striker (or 2) and we would be pushing at the right end of the table.

Allardyce didnít have many options today
Blue

December 24, 2017, 12:26:02 AM
Reply #448

montanatoffeefan

Everton forever.

December 24, 2017, 12:30:37 AM
Reply #449

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely