February 23, 2018, 04:28:24 PM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 25029 times)

February 06, 2018, 03:54:14 PM
Reply #405

Waltzer

I don't see the relevance of his price tag?

He's a good player and is coming in for criticism now because it's his turn. People have got sick of slagging off Williams and Morgan and the others so let's turn our attention to Pickford and Gana.

I dont think its that fickle, from my point of view you need to analyse the entire team when its performing so bad, is Gueye partly responsible as he vacates his position a lot,  meaning the likes of Williams, Jags etc are exposed with players running at them? I find it hard to exonerate any of our players at the moment as it dire and they're all performing terrible, a lot is to do with the manager but they should be better than this

February 06, 2018, 04:12:06 PM
Reply #406

Lxxx

The reason he leaves gaps is because no other fucker fills them in.

February 06, 2018, 04:21:52 PM
Reply #407

Cereal Killer

Some proper bellends

Slag off every player we sign as being shit/not good enough for us etc etc

As soon as one of them has a couple of bad games, even years down the line, rush back here to blow your own trumpet about how you called it and that you're clearly the greatest fan and everyone else knows fuck all

That just makes you a cunt

February 06, 2018, 05:28:11 PM
Reply #408

gizzblue

Covering the back four like a proper DM with actual progressive players (Rooney ,Davies) ahead of him he's mustard .

February 06, 2018, 07:25:21 PM
Reply #409

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
With Mc Carthy injured he's the only midfielder we have capable of consistently breaking up play. He's been a great signing and he's not the issue with this squad at all

February 07, 2018, 12:35:01 AM
Reply #410

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hes fantastic at what he does. Koeman got his best togger out of him but for some reason started pushing him further up the pitch and getting him on the ball lots which diluted him a bit unfortunately.

If Rooney and Davies sit in front of him and gueye can concentrate on tackling, applying pressure, interceptions and then getting the ball to the more progressive players then absolutely no problem at all.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 07, 2018, 02:16:04 AM
Reply #411

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Right so at least we are talking. However does Gana possess any of the qualities needed in even a top 8 midfielder? Are we seriously playing a 7.1m midfielder up against all the level of our rivals?

Imagine how shit a right back that only cost 60k would be.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

February 07, 2018, 02:26:25 AM
Reply #412

Gash

Global Moderator
Well the price is relevant (to a degree) because it's a barometer against his peers.

The reason it was 7m was because it was a deliberately low relegation clause as Villa probably thought it would never be activated, after the season he'd had he was easily worth north if 10m without the clause. They paid 9m for him season before, which was still a decent sized fee for a player even though it was only 2 1/2 years ago.

February 07, 2018, 02:29:32 AM
Reply #413

Jamokachi

The reason it was 7m was because it was a deliberately low relegation clause as Villa probably thought it would never be activated, after the season he'd had he was easily worth north if 10m without the clause. They paid 9m for him season before, which was still a decent sized fee for a player even though it was only 2 1/2 years ago.

I know the reasons mate, it's still absurdly low, whether they thought relegation a possibility or not.

February 07, 2018, 02:35:16 AM
Reply #414

Gash

Global Moderator
I know the reasons mate, it's still absurdly low, whether they thought relegation a possibility or not.

That was the benefit to us, getting him so cheap. The point is, as you've just said it was absurdly low so shouldn't really be used as a stick to beat him with like Thomas has or saying it's a barometer against his peers, we got him far cheaper than he would have been without the clause.

February 07, 2018, 02:39:25 AM
Reply #415

Jamokachi

That was the benefit to us, getting him so cheap. The point is, as you've just said it was absurdly low so shouldn't really be used as a stick to beat him with like Thomas has or saying it's a barometer against his peers, we got him far cheaper than he would have been without the clause.

Not a stick in any way. Absurdly low in comparison to how he's turned out, but a figure Villa were happy to put against his name. Desperation to get a deal done will have obviously been a factor, but if they though he was a top, top player (I'm talking CL standard) there's no way they'd have agreed, I don't think.

February 07, 2018, 02:44:40 AM
Reply #416

Gash

Global Moderator
Not a stick in any way. Absurdly low in comparison to how he's turned out, but a figure Villa were happy to put against his name. Desperation to get a deal done will have obviously been a factor, but if they though he was a top, top player (I'm talking CL standard) there's no way they'd have agreed, I don't think.

That was Villa's own fault, the new owner came out and said he was angry at the previous regime insisting on release clauses, they only got 8m for Delph as well, 6 months after he'd signed a 5 year deal.

February 19, 2018, 08:13:37 PM
Reply #417

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Story doing the rounds that he signed a contract extension back in October until 2022 according to the FA website
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 19, 2018, 08:30:41 PM
Reply #418

Hawkandro

Story doing the rounds that he signed a contract extension back in October until 2022 according to the FA website

The mystery that is Everton's season rumbles on.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 19, 2018, 09:07:11 PM
Reply #419

Gash

Global Moderator

It was widely reported at the time that he was getting/signed a new contract but I don't think the club ever confirmed it?