August 18, 2018, 05:32:12 PM

Author Topic: Is Schneiderlin a bad player?  (Read 11092 times)

January 23, 2018, 04:59:07 AM
Reply #60

Heisenberg

i think he pretty much epitomises the whole of everton at the minute. Think of the Moyes teams that finished 5th-7th almost every year and even nicked top 4. Very limited teams. They all had drive though and all loved the club. Now I feel like we have the complete opposite in having loads of great footballers, but players who have zero drive. Think back to any old man rant in the pub about "overpaid prima donnas". That's what we've assembled, a team of players who just aren't that bothered

January 23, 2018, 09:34:27 PM
Reply #61

Lxxx

i think he pretty much epitomises the whole of everton at the minute. Think of the Moyes teams that finished 5th-7th almost every year and even nicked top 4. Very limited teams. They all had drive though and all loved the club. Now I feel like we have the complete opposite in having loads of great footballers, but players who have zero drive. Think back to any old man rant in the pub about "overpaid prima donnas". That's what we've assembled, a team of players who just aren't that bothered

It's why I thought Moyes as a stop gap till the end of the season might have worked, before West Ham snapped him up. I think we badly needed, and still do, some professionalism and a few need a kick up the arse and personally I think Moyes would have brought some stability until the summer. There was a two weeks window from sacking Koeman to Moyes going to West Ham where we hadn't a clue what we were going to do, which then ran on for another 3 weeks while we courted Silva, spoke to Allardyce twice and who knows inbetween.

January 24, 2018, 05:08:51 AM
Reply #62

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Despite in my opinion otherwise being a decent move, Moyes would've gone down like a sack of shit with a lot of the fans. For that reason I think it would've been a bad move.

Though perhaps (as Moyes once said) the passage of time and the shite we've been through since have made fans a bit more appreciative of what Moyes achieved for us.

January 24, 2018, 05:27:33 AM
Reply #63

Shogun

Administrator
of what Moyes achieved for us.

Which was what exactly?

I'm not going to pretend he did a bad job but he didn't actually achieve anything.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 24, 2018, 06:15:26 AM
Reply #64

gizzblue

Which was what exactly?

I'm not going to pretend he did a bad job but he didn't actually achieve anything.
Kept is steady and at least fighting as a football team on a fuck all budget while all around us were spending millions .

And id have had him easily over Sam seven days a week....the lads would run through walls for him .

January 24, 2018, 11:16:40 PM
Reply #65

Heisenberg

Remember them seasons we used to finish 5th with a team of bin heads. Imagine we had that 150mil to spend then, we'd have really pushed on. He set us up nicely and poor managerial appointments since have really screwed us. Thinking back, the moyes appointment could have easily went pear shaped. I just think we are terrible with managerial appointments in general

January 24, 2018, 11:22:31 PM
Reply #66

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Can't believe we're still having the same debate.

January 24, 2018, 11:25:07 PM
Reply #67

gizzblue

Id say general consensus says yeah he is ...so thread lock now required .😅

January 29, 2018, 07:12:59 PM
Reply #68

Ravardo

The daily fail are saying westham are looking to take him on loan, which would be great but i dont see sam getting rid really and boro want besic on loan

January 29, 2018, 07:53:38 PM
Reply #69

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

Just wait till someone starts a thread about Barkley’s comments to the press this week about Koeman.

January 29, 2018, 08:14:01 PM
Reply #70

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
West ham have bid £20m
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 29, 2018, 08:14:17 PM
Reply #71

BlueMaquis

Just wait till someone starts a thread about Barkley’s comments to the press this week about Koeman.

Do tell.

January 29, 2018, 08:14:55 PM
Reply #72

Lxxx

West ham have bid £20m

Grab the cheque and run down to the nearest branch before 3:30pm so it gets banked today.

January 29, 2018, 08:16:31 PM
Reply #73

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Do tell.

He said very complimentary things about Koeman.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 29, 2018, 08:22:49 PM
Reply #74

Lxxx

He said very complimentary things about Koeman.

Koeman was the victim of a bonkers summer. Granted he played his part in it but if we'd have brought in the players he said we needed and we'd got off to a decent start then he'd still be in a job now. For all his faults, and he had many, he understood football and Barkley was showing signs of improvement under him.