August 15, 2018, 03:11:31 AM

Author Topic: Man Utd target £50m Everton ace  (Read 4913 times)

February 04, 2018, 02:54:27 PM
Read 4913 times

Waltzer

Being reported a few places

Man Utd target £50m Everton ace Jordan Pickford as David de Gea Real Madrid exit looms

The Everton stopper has rapidly moved up Jose Mourinhoís list of replacements for his current No 1 after a string of timpressive performances this season.

Although Pickford conceded five goals to Arsenal yesterday but could arguably only be blamed for Aaron Ramsey's long-range deflected effort.

The Toffees paid Sunderland £30m to secure the 23-year-oldís services back in June last year.

But Everton would look to make a £20m profit on the England international if United come calling.

Real Madrid have pursued De Gea for a number of seasons and were only denied capturing him by a broken fax machine in 2015.

And while that drama looms once more, The Sun claim United have their sights set firmly on the Spaniardís potential successor in Pickford.

De Gea has kept 90 clean sheets in 226 top-flight performances for Manchester United.

His performance in the Red Devilsí 3-1 win over Arsenal easrlier this season was one of the greatest ever by a gloveman in the Premier League.

Current Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas says he wouldn't be too concerned if Los Blancos signed another shot-stopper in the summer.

"I am calm because one day I will have to go," he said after the 2-2 draw with his former side Levante on Saturday evening.
"Nobody will last for ever and only God knows when [I will leave].

"I give my all in every training and in every match, so I have to live with that.

"I don't know if the club have doubts about me, I only know that I still have a contract and I will remain calm.

"If Real Madrid were to sign a goalkeeper in the future and let him compete with me then I would like that and it wouldn't intimidate me."

February 04, 2018, 03:07:59 PM
Reply #1

sam of the south

Being reported a few places

Man Utd target £50m Everton ace Jordan Pickford as David de Gea Real Madrid exit looms

The Everton stopper has rapidly moved up Jose Mourinhoís list of replacements for his current No 1 after a string of timpressive performances this season.

Although Pickford conceded five goals to Arsenal yesterday but could arguably only be blamed for Aaron Ramsey's long-range deflected effort.

The Toffees paid Sunderland £30m to secure the 23-year-oldís services back in June last year.

But Everton would look to make a £20m profit on the England international if United come calling.

Real Madrid have pursued De Gea for a number of seasons and were only denied capturing him by a broken fax machine in 2015.

And while that drama looms once more, The Sun claim United have their sights set firmly on the Spaniardís potential successor in Pickford.

De Gea has kept 90 clean sheets in 226 top-flight performances for Manchester United.

His performance in the Red Devilsí 3-1 win over Arsenal easrlier this season was one of the greatest ever by a gloveman in the Premier League.

Current Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas says he wouldn't be too concerned if Los Blancos signed another shot-stopper in the summer.

"I am calm because one day I will have to go," he said after the 2-2 draw with his former side Levante on Saturday evening.
"Nobody will last for ever and only God knows when [I will leave].

"I give my all in every training and in every match, so I have to live with that.

"I don't know if the club have doubts about me, I only know that I still have a contract and I will remain calm.

"If Real Madrid were to sign a goalkeeper in the future and let him compete with me then I would like that and it wouldn't intimidate me."

Meh.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 04, 2018, 03:31:45 PM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

Don't think he's had anywhere near the season people make out

When I saw the headline my first thought was who the fuck can it be we don't have anyone worth anything like that

February 04, 2018, 03:40:28 PM
Reply #3

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

February 04, 2018, 03:44:02 PM
Reply #4

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Checks headline.

Is it Tom Davies?  No.

Carry on.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

February 04, 2018, 03:48:07 PM
Reply #5

ajax_andy

I rate Pickford but he's not good enough to replace De Gea.

Butland is a better keeper, they'd be better off going for him.

February 04, 2018, 03:52:38 PM
Reply #6

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think he's had anywhere near the season people make out

When I saw the headline my first thought was who the fuck can it be we don't have anyone worth anything like that

He's had a good season but not a great one, he's stood out but a lot of that is because pretty much everyone else has been so poor. I do think he would look great though with a decent team/defence in front of him

February 04, 2018, 04:19:47 PM
Reply #7

Rodenplav64

Snap their fucking hands off the lad is shot to bits . Rob Green MK II . He was flapping like a fucking seagull everytime the ball came near him , feet planted , arms waving just hoping he could throw himself in the same direction as the ball . Robles would have been hanging in the Gladwys St by now and we knew he needed replacing .

The only reason he gets a 2nd chance is we can't defend but fuck me he has conceded a shit load in his short career . To me he is now like a boxer who has been found to have a weak chin . Pope for arguments sake has came into a team that can defend and his confidence is sky high . Pickford has played for us and Sunderland and is shell shocked .

February 04, 2018, 04:22:42 PM
Reply #8

Martip

Snap their fucking hands off the lad is shot to bits . Rob Green MK II . He was flapping like a fucking seagull everytime the ball came near him , feet planted , arms waving just hoping he could throw himself in the same direction as the ball . Robles would have been hanging in the Gladwys St by now and we knew he needed replacing .

The only reason he gets a 2nd chance is we can't defend but fuck me he has conceded a shit load in his short career . To me he is now like a boxer who has been found to have a weak chin . Pope for arguments sake has came into a team that can defend and his confidence is sky high . Pickford has played for us and Sunderland and is shell shocked .
I don't think he's been good at all and people massively overate his ability imo.

February 04, 2018, 04:25:20 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We canít moan about short-termism and then not really worry about selling someone like Pickford.

February 04, 2018, 04:31:09 PM
Reply #10

Rodenplav64

We canít moan about short-termism and then not really worry about selling someone like Pickford.

The Manager is short term , the tactics are short term , Klassen , Sandro , Lookman appear to have been short term . One more won't make any difference . It could actually be we got it as wrong with Pickford as we did with the rest of the shite buys . Would you seriously pay the money we did for a lad with his goals against record ? His stats are abysmal and wouldn't matter if he had played for Merton Villa .

February 04, 2018, 04:38:22 PM
Reply #11

Jamokachi

You're a buffoon.

February 04, 2018, 04:43:27 PM
Reply #12

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber

Fuck me there's been some over reactions on this site over the years but this has to be the worst ever!

February 04, 2018, 04:46:44 PM
Reply #13

ajax_andy

The Manager is short term , the tactics are short term , Klassen , Sandro , Lookman appear to have been short term . One more won't make any difference . It could actually be we got it as wrong with Pickford as we did with the rest of the shite buys . Would you seriously pay the money we did for a lad with his goals against record ? His stats are abysmal and wouldn't matter if he had played for Merton Villa .

Goals concerned isn't always an indictment of a keeper, plenty of shite keepers have a low goals concerned ratio when playing with a solid defence in front of them.

He's a young keeper, not the finished article but considering his age he's extremely talented.  I used to be a keeper, I can spot a good or bad keeper regardless of the amount of goals they're conceding... Trust me he's very good with a few areas he'll iron out over the next few years.

February 04, 2018, 04:48:51 PM
Reply #14

Rodenplav64

Goals concerned isn't always an indictment of a keeper, plenty of shite keepers have a low goals concerned ratio when playing with a solid defence in front of them.

He's a young keeper, not the finished article but considering his age he's extremely talented.  I used to be a keeper, I can spot a good or bad keeper regardless of the amount of goals they're conceding... Trust me he's very good with a few areas he'll iron out over the next few years.

Sorry mate but I thought the idea of  a keeper was to keep the ball out of the net . My mistake .