November 24, 2017, 02:25:11 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 20208 times)

efc1111 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

November 23, 2017, 04:17:40 PM
Reply #660

Waltzer

I feel for Rhino. He was put on the spot by the board. And knowing that he is still in charge just because those mugs can't sort out the replacement doesn't help him.

He wasnt walking into a particularly strong setup but what has happened has given him no chance, its clear people dont want him to get the job and players must no this, it'll be hard for Unsie to stamp his authority or his ideas when everyone knows its irrelevant as he wont be around for long. He wasnt the answer and isnt good enough but hes been given little to no chance to prove anyone wrong

deCoubertin

November 23, 2017, 04:57:37 PM
Reply #661

Rodenplav64

You must be joking. Gifts from the ref, Speroni and Cleverley gave us those results. Good luck to you if you hope performances like that will get us results long term.
I didn'‘t think he would fix the mess (and that's why I wasn't overly enthusiastic about sacking Koeman). It was a bit naive to hope that U23 coach would be better than the manager who had finished 7th, 6th and 7th in his 3 years in the prem. You'll never know till you try though. He tried and it's obvious he‘s just not ready. Game against Chelsea was his best, from then we've been degrading with every game.

I feel for Rhino. He was put on the spot by the board. And knowing that he is still in charge just because those mugs can't sort out the replacement doesn't help him.

Do yourself a favour and look at Koemans results as a Manager . He has long losing streaks and slow starts to the season everywhere but in Holland . You really need to compare that to Unsworths 5 games on which you seem to be judging him. I understand you don't want him as Manager but talking shite doesn't help your argument . Koeman was/is an awful Manager .

November 23, 2017, 05:17:01 PM
Reply #662

ally2

This phase I think puts Unsworth in a strange position. He's been in charge of the first team long enough that if he were to go back now to U23s then it would seem like a demotion. Plus he's already won whatever he can win at that level. Obviously it doesn't make his position at U23 untenable, but if he has managerial aspirations then I'd say he has to go within the next 6-12 months.

November 23, 2017, 05:33:10 PM
Reply #663

mikey_blue

This phase I think puts Unsworth in a strange position. He's been in charge of the first team long enough that if he were to go back now to U23s then it would seem like a demotion. Plus he's already won whatever he can win at that level. Obviously it doesn't make his position at U23 untenable, but if he has managerial aspirations then I'd say he has to go within the next 6-12 months.

He's obviously got talent as a manager, and the players seem to like him. He should go abroad or drop down to the lower leagues and get some proper experience. Keep tabs on him and bring him back if/ when he's ready for a top job.

November 23, 2017, 06:45:17 PM
Reply #664

plumber

Do yourself a favour and look at Koemans results as a Manager . He has long losing streaks and slow starts to the season everywhere but in Holland . You really need to compare that to Unsworths 5 games on which you seem to be judging him. I understand you don't want him as Manager but talking shite doesn't help your argument . Koeman was/is an awful Manager .

Its you who's talking shite mate.
Koeman is not an "awful manager", but he underperformed badly this season and nobody can complain about his dismissal.   The problem is not that he was sacked but that he was sacked without a plan. Now we are in deeper shit than a month ago and Im blaming Moshiri and Kenwright for that, not Unsworth. Hes just a victim of their amateurish actions. That doesn't mean hes capable to manage Everton though.

November 23, 2017, 08:01:31 PM
Reply #665

gizzblue

It"s you who's talking shite mate.
Koeman is not an "awful manager", but he underperformed badly this season and nobody can complain about his dismissal.   The problem is not that he was sacked but that he was sacked without a plan. Now we are in deeper shit than a month ago and I"m blaming Moshiri and Kenwright for that, not Unsworth. He"s just a victim of their amateurish actions. That doesn't mean he"s capable to manage Everton though.
Surely deeper shit would be the same points RK left us with after the six games or so.
The team is in a better place even if they're not yet completely showing it on the pitch ......we've all worked with a cunt ...how much nicer was work on that cunts day off .....that's how the dressing room should still be feeling ...despite the limbo .
Fuck Koeman it's his inept shite that got us here .

November 23, 2017, 08:17:04 PM
Reply #666

Rodenplav64

It‘s you who's talking shite mate.
Koeman is not an "awful manager", but he underperformed badly this season and nobody can complain about his dismissal.   The problem is not that he was sacked but that he was sacked without a plan. Now we are in deeper shit than a month ago and I‘m blaming Moshiri and Kenwright for that, not Unsworth. He‘s just a victim of their amateurish actions. That doesn't mean he‘s capable to manage Everton though.

The reaction after the Arsenal game left them with no choice . Lost the fans and the players and that's a good Manager . Lets see where he goes from here .

November 23, 2017, 08:27:30 PM
Reply #667

D15TIN

You must be joking. Gifts from the ref, Speroni and Cleverley gave us those results. Good luck to you if you hope performances like that will get us results long term.
I didn'‘t think he would fix the mess (and that's why I wasn't overly enthusiastic about sacking Koeman). It was a bit naive to hope that U23 coach would be better than the manager who had finished 7th, 6th and 7th in his 3 years in the prem. You'll never know till you try though. He tried and it's obvious he‘s just not ready. Game against Chelsea was his best, from then we've been degrading with every game.

The 5 goals in the 2 games not give us the results then no? No manager is coming in to this team and automatically getting quality performances out of them.

November 23, 2017, 08:33:00 PM
Reply #668

KoemansNumberTens

The 5 goals in the 2 games not give us the results then no? No manager is coming in to this team and automatically getting quality performances out of them.

The truth is though they were pretty inept performances.

November 23, 2017, 08:36:53 PM
Reply #669

D15TIN

The truth is though they were pretty inept performances.
In total agreement mate, they fought for him though and got results - we lose both under Koeman, 100%

November 23, 2017, 08:47:17 PM
Reply #670

KoemansNumberTens

In total agreement mate, they fought for him though and got results - we lose both under Koeman, 100%

Maybe but I'm not sure it's a sign that unsworth is the right man for the job

November 23, 2017, 08:49:06 PM
Reply #671

D15TIN

Maybe but I'm not sure it's a sign that unsworth is the right man for the job
Im not saying he is, I think he could be short term. People slagging him off saying hes not good enough and all this, don't know what they expected from him so quickly.

November 23, 2017, 09:14:10 PM
Reply #672

KoemansNumberTens

Im not saying he is, I think he could be short term. People slagging him off saying hes not good enough and all this, don't know what they expected from him so quickly.

I know results have got better but I do also think that the performances have gotten worse. If the game had been in the opposite order I'd argue there were good signs

We just need a performance. Nothing spectacular. Just to look relatively solid and equal to the side we are playing. As it is whatever results we get are really just down to luck. We aren't matching anyone