December 18, 2018, 06:06:28 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 340774 times)

Online Mick 1995

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Derek Mountfield
Re: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update
« on: February 08, 2017, 08:08:28 PM »
I don't know the area very well, so apologies if this sounds dumb, but can they not open up the areas to the north and south of the gateways/walls? So that fans have a big 'plaza' style area at each 'end'? Is that possible? This would then allow the wall to be kept as is, with general maintenance around it.

Sort of. To the south we have Nelson dock. (where the arrow is pointing in the second pic of my first post today).
That WILL be a big plaza type place.
Problem is that it's also enclosed by the dockwall - to it's south is another dock that turns into a canal so is covered by a bridge. No entry that way.

To the north is a half tide dock and a working dockside (I think Wellington dock has been filled in now). But that wall stretches a long way north. There are plenty of gates and holes (in fact, there is a repaired part of the wall just to the north now:

(that gate in the background is the the green cross from earlier).

But it would start becoming financially unsound to buy/renovate longer and longer 'water-side-of-the-wall' pathways stretching off.

(Maybe the best thing we could do as Evertonians is to get our HGV licences and have 'accidents at strategic points in this wall.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:10:11 PM by Mick 1995 »

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team