September 23, 2019, 07:27:33 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 464423 times)

Offline keiko

• Sandy Young
Re: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update
« on: March 21, 2017, 05:00:31 AM »
it won't be like dortmund's stadium as there is no connection visually between that and liverpool's docks. placing a copy of that one would look bad, also, why hire a world-class stadium designer if we want that?
the design will come from the conceptualization of many details of the site. the land, the water, the history of the area/club/city, the architecture, the local materials and the special requirements of the location.  a dock stadium is naturally going to be more "different' than a stadium on a flat inner-city field or a industrial estate- although any location carries it's own unique features. water will be a main theme.
it's best to think of it as not "a stadium on the dock" i.e a generic design placed on a location with little connection to its surroundings, but as a "dock stadium"- a stadium that has had every element specifically tailored for where it will be.
look at previous dan meis designs, some are in the desert, the pay homage to that, others are in downtown L.A- and you can tell. every design is totally different from eachother, each incorporates it's environment heavily into its design. there are few running themes in his work.

everyone can come up with a concept that they would find fitting, the good thing is that dan meis will come up with something better than everyone else. if it is "bowl", then that's his interpretation, so ill be happy. do i think it will be bowl-like? no, i can't see any correlation between a bowl and the site, but it;s not my job to do that. he tweeted saying it's "intimidating" and respects Goodison history, no doubt it will be highly modern with juxtaposition of the past. and it will definitely fit well next to the mersey, that's the whole point of it.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team