October 17, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 472152 times)

Offline Lazarou

• Pat Van Den Hauwe
Re: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update
« on: March 24, 2017, 04:02:19 PM »
50k isn't set in stone is it, I don't think. The Echo says that 'initial high-level studies' have been based upon a 50k capacity for the proposal that has been submitted to the council. But the club have said that they will consult with fan groups (and others) in the design/planning phase (now), so hopefully there's a lot of flexibility with the capacity. It might also be that the club has decided to work from a conservative estimate for the initial proposals.

Personally, listening to the few brief comments Moshiri has made, listening to what others have said about him who know him, and judging by the extent of his actions in just one year, I don't see Moshiri settling for a 50,000 capacity at all. He got shut of Martinez, paid him out of his very expensive contract, brought Koeman in on big wedge, has paid off the club's debts, secured a big naming rights deal for the training ground, and has set in place the process of building a new ground. All in 12 months. He's not even the owner yet. All speculation on my part like, but it'll be more than 50,000.

I still can't get over the Finch Farm naming rights deal. I mean seriously who gives a fuck about sponsoring a training ground? How many clubs even have their training grounds with naming rights deals? If he can secure a deal like that, imagine, with his connections and ability to create innovative revenue streams, what could be conceived of for a brand, spanking new ground in an iconic location.

A rousing speech! Exciting times.
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team