October 19, 2019, 06:51:07 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 473117 times)

Offline Ross

• Howard Kendall
  • To Boo, or not to Boo....that is the question.
Re: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update
« on: December 21, 2018, 07:26:24 PM »
Would it be 'brave' for us to look to bridge that gap by charging £1000+ for a season ticket like Spurs do?  Surely us only charging £450 is us fearing ambition because if we believed in ourselves then our stand would pay.

If 52k was the max then it would lack ambition.  52k with plans and designs in place to increase to 62k 'if demand requires it' isn't small time at all, it's just being smart.

Your being very naive if you think the price of a season ticket at BMD will be the same price as a season ticket at Goodison, be it 52k capacity 55, 58 or 60+.

The reason turnover and profit was brought up was because you seem to think a bigger stadium with more seats automatically means we'd have more of both, it's been pointed out that's not correct and that despite having a smaller capacity Spurs have generated far more revenue than we have over the last 10-15 years or so.

There's also absolutely nothing timid in what we're trying to do.

Again Iíve not mentioned profit anywhere so how you come to the conclusion about me equating more seats with bigger profit is beyond me.

If we're going to have a proper comparison with Spurs, can someone look at increasing the capacity of Merseyside to match the London population?

Thanks.

Obviously London will be significantly higher as it no doubt always has been. But itís not really relevant because our supporter base isnít exclusive to Liverpool.

So if we want to grow as a football club we need to realise that simply marketing ourselves to the Liverpool area and ignoring the market beyond will see us fall further down the pecking order than we currently are.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team