November 24, 2017, 12:39:19 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 9666 times)

Offline Toddacelli

• Kevin Ratcliffe
  • Stracqualursi rhymes with Mersey
    • tobyhewson.com
Re: Should we sack Steve Walsh?
« on: October 02, 2017, 03:32:26 AM »
The state of the team vs money spent is my guess

Ok so we got rid of players like Cleverly, Barry, Kone, Deulofeo and McGeady and brought in Pickford, Keane, Rooney, Ramirez, Sigurdsson, Vlasic and Onyekuru for what is not a massive net spend.

I would say that the state of the team is massively improved and money well spent largely on youth with great potential futures and a couple of established star performers in the premier League. Massive improvement.

I do not include Lukaku in this and neither should you because Lukaku was not a 'decision' to get rid of - otherwise he would still be here - the fact of the matter was we simply could not hold on to Lukaku any longer and that was no-one's fault.

The 'state of the team' as you put it - is I think the responsibility of the manager - not Walsh.

So considering he has improved personnel (unless you want to swap and get Cleverly and the others back instead?) and have not spent loads (according to some posters on here - me I don't give a shit it's all Monopoly money at this stage) - tell me how you think he's done?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 03:33:57 AM by Toddacelli »

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team