October 15, 2018, 03:13:23 PM

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 161849 times)

Offline blargins

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Dixie Dean
Re: Who should we go for? POLL RESET
« on: May 20, 2018, 02:36:53 AM »
It's not just a case of 'who knows' though. It's about minimising risk in the appointment, and one of the better ways to minimise risk is to appoint someone who has actually done the role (see the difference between Steve Walsh and Marcel Brands as DoFs). It's a completely different gig being part of a team of coaching staff, to being the man that makes 100 decisions per day, where the buck stops. I think it would be ludicrous to appoint Arteta, or any other ex-player, based purely on sentiment and good looks.

I'm been broadly pro-Silva for a while, but not completely wedded to the idea, if a better candidate becomes available. But the more I think and read about it, I think Silva is going to be an excellent appointment for us, and could well be the man to take us to the next level. I think he is primed to take a club and mould it, and I'm really pleased it's us giving him that opportunity.

That's not what I was talking about though. I was commenting on the nature of the forum.

As for Arteta, I would never even have considered him had his name not cropped up a few weeks back.

I don't really want either him or Silva, Emery remains my choice, but I doubt we'll get him. We'll see what Mr Brands can come up with though. Whoever gets the job, I'll be behind him. As long as it's not another Allardyce clone.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team