November 21, 2017, 06:14:03 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Watford  (Read 9531 times)

Offline AllyBlue14

• Duncan Ferguson
Re: Everton v Watford
« on: November 06, 2017, 02:13:13 PM »
Agree with @Sir Stealth here, perhaps with the exception of Pickford. Sometimes I felt he should've got rid quicker, but had very little to aim at, as you say. Too often we seemed to amble into position, let them settle and then lump it forward aimlessly. And then when he did distribute it quickly, it was when we were ahead and needed to take the sting out the game - although it did create the Niasse chance at the end to be fair.

Pace is a big thing - I'm not a big 'I told you so' merchant, but in the summer after losing Lukaku, I said we were short of pace and goals in the side, and how my preference would be for 3 runners up front, to harass the opposition back line - dare I say it, like the RS.

The problem is, our pace options aren't necessarily our best players - so do we start them, where their impact will be diminished, or do we start narrow and then bring them on to run at the tiring defence with 20 or 30 minutes to go like yesterday? Or maybe start Lennon and then bring Lookman on the other side with 20 to go? Either way, I think starting Niasse is a must.

I really want Rooney and Sigurdsson to work out, but we were more effective without them on the pitch. At least we were able to sub Rooney, because some of his tackles were red cards waiting to happen. If we were to play 4-2-3-1, I think he could do a job behind the striker, with 2 wide men to aim at too. Probably the same with Sigurdsson too actually, but otherwise I'm not sure where they fit in.

One final thing, what's the deal with away-swinging free kicks and corners? The one in-swinger we had, DCL stuck away!

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team