October 23, 2019, 06:30:11 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 168394 times)

Online Lxxx

• Howard Kendall
Re: The big man, the boss; Big Sam
« on: March 06, 2018, 03:41:33 AM »
I think the dislike of Allardyce and the total focus on finding anything and everything to use against him masks a much more serious issue - there were and still are major issues within the club. More specifically there have been issues within the squad going back quite a time. When Sam goes what a task facing the next manager! How long does a new man need to put his stamp on a team and start to see positive results from his efforts? Some of those issues are sheer bad luck like the injuries or loss of form. Some new signings will work straight away (usually those with recent PL experience) some take ages to bed in. A very few turn out to be just not good enough. Players age, some slowly some quickly, young players develop at a different pace from each other. And some managers just get it wrong and some get it right.
Have we really got the patience to wait for someone else to come in and start at square one again with the months possibly seasons, it will take?
Whilst Sam is here we need to use his experience to move us as far forward as he can take us. I still believe one thing (perhaps the only thing?) he will bring is that by the end of the season he will have a squad who genuinely play for him as a team. That is what he has consistently achieved in the past. I don't particularly care whether it's attractive or nor in the short term as the longer term is more important.  Once that group of players is identified and playing as a team then the next manager has a clear starting position to move from. Without that starting position we can add yet another season on to the time it will take whilst he first of all sorts that chaos.

Players have already decided he's toast pal. Not sure what you're seeing.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team