October 14, 2019, 12:28:25 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 23692 times)

Offline Bluedylan

• Dixie Dean
Re: Everton v Chelsea
« on: December 23, 2017, 09:23:10 PM »
It doesn't matter how much we've spent, because a lot of it was spent very badly. If we went toe to toe with Chelsea today, with the players available to us, then we get absolutely tonked. Although I do agree that a lot of players are very poor in possession this season, I just think we shouldn't be concerning ourselves with that as long as we are finally getting the results.

I don't care about the shots on targets stats at all.. the only stats that matter at the moment is our undefeated run. We can't ask for much more than that, especially when you consider how we were performing a couple of months ago.

The only way our form could have been better is by beating those knobheads at Anfield, or beating the reigning champions today.

Can people comprehend that there's a massive middle ground between all out defence/pure hoofball, and toe-to-toe?

No one is expecting toe-to-toe or dazzling football. Just the occasional bit of football as a starter. Allardyce said the same, so I'm hardly going out on a limb.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team