October 18, 2019, 10:55:30 PM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 33713 times)

Offline .Rimbo.

• Derek Mountfield
Re: Theo Walcott
« on: January 13, 2018, 06:45:43 PM »
I can kind of see the value in bringing in some experienced players, if we take the view that we'll be losing Williams, Jags, Baines and Rooney within the next 18 months and replacing them with longer term replacements. This will then leave us with very few senior pros at the club and you do need a good mix of ages and experience levels.
I'm going round and round in circles on this one but if we get him for a decent price and Moshiri thinks the numbers work then I suppose on balance it's probably a decent signing, as long as we have plans in place to enable Lookman and Vlasic to progress to give them the best possible opportunity to eventually take over.

We’ll also need to replace Rooney in 18 months and start thinking about replacements for Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin (who’ll both be around 30). Players who combined cost us around £80million in the last 12 months.

We don’t have a bottomless pit of money or sellable assets. And we don’t have mouth-watering commerical revenue streams (sorry to sound like The Esk) to sustain this level of spending.

There is no medium or long term planning in our recruitment.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team