September 23, 2018, 09:35:00 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce: We’ve turned the club around  (Read 4496 times)

Offline AllyBlue14

• Sandy Young
Re: [News]Allardyce: We've turned the club around
« on: February 25, 2018, 05:19:59 PM »
I appreciate the olive branch but I suspect we're still in disagreement, broadly speaking. I don't think the plan was ever to keep Allardyce beyond this season. I don't have an overwhelming body of evidence to support that. It's more intuition.

I think Moshiri is and was holding his nose, while appointing Allardyce, viewing it as a necessary evil in the short term. If that is the case, I disagree with him but I can understand it.

I agree pretty much entirely, right up until the last point. I think we were in such a mess after the Southampton game that once it became apparent we weren't going to get Silva, appointing Allardyce became a necessity. Personally, I was against Silva anyway as I don't think he'd really given much cause for believing that he could stop the rot, particularly defensively.

If results/performances don't turn around, it then becomes a question of how long we keep Allardyce. Sack him and bring in someone else for the short-term or hold on and wait for someone who could hopefully stick around longer (assuming they're not already available). That's my only real allegiance to Sam at the moment - there's no point binning him off and then bumbling around starting the manager search from scratch again.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team