March 24, 2018, 04:32:57 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce: We’ve turned the club around  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Lxxx

• Howard Kendall
Re: [News]Allardyce: We've turned the club around
« on: February 25, 2018, 08:28:13 PM »
Almost everything comes back to recruitment. As a simple example, had we kept or adequately replaced Lukaku we'd be closer to Arsenal rather than hanging around trying to claw our way to 40 points. It wouldn't really have mattered who was in charge.

Some players we've brought in are ok, but we haven't bought any that lift us to a better level. To put it another way, we've not identified talent that any of the top teams would try and poach from us. That is us failing in recruitment and it leads to mediocrity at best. During both Moyes era and Martinez's "era" I was always a little concerned a couple of players would be snapped up. However perhaps with the exception of Coleman, maybe Davies there is nobody anymore I'd be bothered by us losing. In fact, almost the opposite as I want a lot of the players out of the door.

Recruitment is our single biggest issue right now. Albeit followed closely by the manger.

We had a strategy back then though, we bought players in the main not good enough for the top clubs but who had the potential to be, partly down to money but it seemed to work for us and where we were in the pecking order. Now we just buy players the top clubs don't or wouldn't want anyway and the ones who might fall into our previous criteria we don't invest in and play.

Need a top down cleaning of house but before we do that we need to decide on what we are and what we're aiming to achieve, to recruit players and managers who want to be here for footballing reasons and not just the money.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:30:35 PM by Lxxx »

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team