June 21, 2018, 03:47:39 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 16504 times)

Offline toffee_scot

• Kevin Campbell
Re: What to do with our current squad
« on: March 04, 2018, 11:44:11 PM »
Personally, this summer I think we should try and avoid signing too many players for the first team as that can really upset any dynamic that's in the squad. I'd bring in no more than a maximum of four players particularly in central defence, left back, central midfield and a creative attacking player, however if we do have an injury crisis in a particular position then of course we should have to look at bringing in cover.

If we could somehow get rid of Robles, Martina, Williams, Schneiderlin, Mirallas, Klaassen, Pennington, Bolasie, plus maybe Sandro if he's not interested in staying at Everton and maybe a couple of the fringe players like Garbutt, Browning or Galloway, then that would really trim the squad and especially the wage bill which could go towards the new players. Of course it will be very difficult to sell all these players especially as many clubs will not want to pay anywhere near what we paid for many of our expensive transfers plus wages could be a huge issue.

Someone like Williams though, I'd happily accept a 12m loss and offer him more or less for free back to Swansea
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 11:45:46 PM by toffee_scot »

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team