December 15, 2019, 08:29:47 AM

Poll

What's the best way to break up with someone?

Face to Face
11 (19%)
Text
3 (5.2%)
Email
1 (1.7%)
Phone Call
1 (1.7%)
Send Bally Around
12 (20.7%)
Move to Madagascar
3 (5.2%)
Fake death
17 (29.3%)
Murder him/her
5 (8.6%)
Other
5 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 40650 times)

July 19, 2015, 02:28:11 PM
Reply #375

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
People need to calm down. It's pre-season, and the start of it at that. Results and even form don't matter at this stage.

Evidence of last season's pre-season results and form say no.

;)

July 19, 2015, 03:33:04 PM
Reply #376

TSGun

I missed the game yesterday due to time difference but reading this seems rather damning. Where there any positives at all?

July 19, 2015, 03:40:50 PM
Reply #377

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I missed the game yesterday due to time difference but reading this seems rather damning. Where there any positives at all?

Stones and deulofeu did ok everyone else feel short. It was just really disappointing as it felt like every game we played last season.

We drew against Stoke the game before bit there were at least a few signs of progression

July 19, 2015, 03:53:13 PM
Reply #378

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

I missed it too, judging by the meltdown and brain aneurysms it was pretty bad.

July 19, 2015, 04:11:57 PM
Reply #379

Rhys

It was terrible! 3-1 was very kind to us if it had been 5-0 that would have even fair. Barely anyone played ok and the players when they came off the bench looked sluggish from the start and their players who played the 90 looked fresh still.

I'm just hoping it as the end of long two weeks training causing the players legs were tired combined with travel and jetlag rather than repeat lack of fitness from last season.

July 19, 2015, 04:36:36 PM
Reply #380

TSGun

Having watched the goal highlights Barkley's goal was nicely taken. I know I'm pretty much alone in this thought but there's a striker there somewhere.

July 19, 2015, 05:10:56 PM
Reply #381

Redartin

It was bad, but in a way it is a good thing how things have happened. At least we know now where we stand and it gives those who can change things the opportunity to do so.

Imagine a different scenario, if we had lost on penalties to Stoke we would have had an easier game against an Asian team yesterday, which we may have won.

We would be taking shite this morning about how we beat Swindon, and were really unlucky against Stoke, and how we beat the Asians, and we can't wait for the new season, and we would be a bunch of deluded fools.

We got a reality check, sometimes they are good things to get.

July 19, 2015, 05:23:02 PM
Reply #382

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I think realistically the top 4 is going to stay as they are

We are fighting with Liverpool, Spurs and Southampton as the chasing pack

Hopefully being the most unchanged out of those sides coming into the new season may give us an advantage
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 19, 2015, 05:27:36 PM
Reply #383

Bluedylan

Sooner the top 4 fuck off and join a super league the better.

Let's have a proper go at the League and FA Cup eh Roberto.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 19, 2015, 05:32:32 PM
Reply #384

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck me.

Some proper over reactions here.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 19, 2015, 05:38:06 PM
Reply #385

Heisenberg

Fuck me.

Some proper over reactions here.

Is it though? Pre season was an easy excuse for last seasons shambles.

Granted, I think everyones aware that results dont matter. But its not just about fitness either as people have made out. If anything our main goal should have been too sort the style of play and tempo that made us have such an awful season. No change to that worries people, nobody wants a repeat of last year

July 19, 2015, 05:49:54 PM
Reply #386

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Is it though? Pre season was an easy excuse for last seasons shambles.

Granted, I think everyones aware that results dont matter. But its not just about fitness either as people have made out. If anything our main goal should have been too sort the style of play and tempo that made us have such an awful season. No change to that worries people, nobody wants a repeat of last year

Yes, proper overreaction.

I understand the worries, but against Stoke there was a lot of positives and difference in the style of play.

Some of the stuff in here though is mental.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 19, 2015, 07:16:35 PM
Reply #387

Jamokachi

Evidence of last season's pre-season results and form say no.

;)

Last pre season was arranged at haste and was affected by players getting back at different times from the WC.

It wasn't form that was the issue last off season, it was the arrangements.

No one should expect fluid, aesthetically pleasing football at this stage. As long as it prepares us for the start of the season all is well.