December 15, 2019, 03:14:31 AM

Poll

If there is a Unicorn Apocalypse, what will you do?

Kill Unicorns
8 (17.8%)
Try to find a cure
1 (2.2%)
Cry like a little girl and await inevitable death
6 (13.3%)
Hide behind Bally
6 (13.3%)
Log into NSNO and moan about how Kenwright is doing this so he never has to sell the club
9 (20%)
Find a witch who will turn you into a Unicorn so can you can join in with the world destruction
15 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Leeds v Everton  (Read 30002 times)

August 02, 2015, 02:28:29 AM
Reply #225

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
No idea what you're talking about

Well, you said that you don't buy the "we've only played youngsters" excuse, even though we clearly did play youngsters. Then you went on to say that City losing with their first team to Stuttgart is different because "maybe they were trying out a few different formations etc.".

So the question is simple: why?
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

August 02, 2015, 02:34:46 AM
Reply #226

Heisenberg

Results aren't important. But it was important we tried to fix the style of play issues we've had. How can you do that if you're not even playing the first team.

We're playing the same tactics and formations that most agreed needed to change. Pre seasons the only real opportunity to introduce these changes

August 02, 2015, 02:54:06 AM
Reply #227

Simon Paul

Administrator
Results aren't important.

I disagree

I think the results to the poll are vitally important today

August 02, 2015, 03:04:36 AM
Reply #228

Shogun

Administrator
I disagree

I think the results to the poll are vitally important today

You're hiding behind Bally aren't you?

August 02, 2015, 03:30:48 AM
Reply #229

ally2

Well, you said that you don't buy the "we've only played youngsters" excuse, even though we clearly did play youngsters. Then you went on to say that City losing with their first team to Stuttgart is different because "maybe they were trying out a few different formations etc.".

So the question is simple: why?

The point I was making was that it doesn't count if you're playing kids all the time. No one seriously believes that many of them will be pushing for the first team. Surely the purpose of the preseason is to get the first team up to scratch. To do that you have to have a number of games where the actual starting team is likely to play otherwise there's no point. We will have had 6 preseason games, most with a lot of kids playing and two in two days. Now I wouldn't normally give a shit but my main irk here is not the results or even the performances but some evidence that we have some sort of coherent preseason following last year's utter shambles. We should have used the time to experiment with different systems etc too. Ok we played 4-3-3 but again with a mixture of players.

All the drama queens are getting upset on here saying people are over-reacting to a pre-season result. Well that isn't my beef, it's that we haven't learnt anything about our players or system other than 'cleverly looks decent' (fair enough). The likelihood is that we will end up bringing in a creative central player and a key central defender who will have had no time with the team at all. Then we have all the same injuries again. Let's all hope that we've been secretly playing a 2-3-2-3 formation under closed doors that no one will ever expect when it comes to Watford.

August 02, 2015, 03:45:24 AM
Reply #230

bangthedrum

As part of pre season you need to rotate but due to the fact we have a small squad the likelihood is the youngsters are gonna play.
Cant see Martinez changing are style of play at all, it might have looked quicker and that but i put that down to some of the opposition
we have played against.

August 02, 2015, 03:46:25 AM
Reply #231

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
No offence intended here but I didn't mean to like that and I don't know how to undo it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 02, 2015, 03:47:53 AM
Reply #232

bangthedrum

wouldn't worry about it.

August 02, 2015, 03:52:06 AM
Reply #233

Bluedylan

Anyway this time next week, we'll have three points on the board and we'll be dreaming of the Champions League.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 02, 2015, 03:52:15 AM
Reply #234

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Meant that one kidder
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 02, 2015, 03:56:01 AM
Reply #235

bangthedrum

ha ha, a rare like.

August 02, 2015, 03:32:25 PM
Reply #236

Makis

This game was always going to be the less important of the two this weekend.