0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 31446 times)

August 28, 2015, 05:38:20 AM
Read 31446 times

Shogun

Administrator

Tottenham Hotspur v Everton FC
White Hart Lane
Saturday 29th August 17:00
Premier League Match 4

Tottenham's Opening Fixtures

Manchester United 1-0 Tottenham
Tottenham 2-2 Stoke (Dier, Chadli)
Leicester 1-1 Tottenham (Alli)
Tottenham v Everton
Sunderland v Tottenham

Everton's Opening Fixtures

Everton 2-2 Watford (Barkley, Kone)
Southampton 0-3 Everton (Lukaku x2, Barkley)
Everton 0-2 Man City
Barnsley 3-5 Everton - Capital One Cup (Mirallas, Naismith, O.G, Lukaku x2)
Tottenham v Everton

Tottenham

Tottenham go into the fourth match of the Premier League season still to taste victory this campaign following a 1-1 draw away to Leicester City last weekend. Spurs have been pegged back in their last couple of matches as they surrendered a 2-0 lead against Stoke City in their first home match this season. In this fixture last season, Roberto Soldado scored his only league goal of the season which is good news for Harry Kane who is yet to put his name on the scoresheet. In fact, Kane has only scored 2 goals in his last 11 premier league appearances (including a goal against Everton) whereas he managed 14 goals in the previous 11 matches. Pochettino has had an unspectacular time as Tottenham manager and currently has a lower win percentage at White Hart Lane (50%) than Tim Sherwood (73%), Harry Redknapp (64%), Martin Jol (59%) and Andre Villas-Boas (52%) had when they were in charge.

Hugo Lloris is regarded as one of the better keepers in the league and has just come off a consistent season at Spurs with a pretty torrid defence playing in front of him. Tim Howard probably came under more criticism than he ever had in an Everton shirt during last season but then again, nobody came out of last season with too much credit. The biggest disparity from the above nonsense is probably is the saves category in which Lloris appears to be a lot more productive and there were only four goalkeepers (Fabianski, Green, Pantilimon, Adrian) who made more Saves Per90 than the Tottenham shot stopper last season. By comparison, there were only two goalkeepers in the Premier League with a lesser Saves Per90 statistic (Begovic, Mignolet). Howard definitely grows a better beard.

Possible Line-Ups

Everton

Everton lost their first match of the season with a 2-0 defeat at the hands of Manchester City last weekend and now have to travel to a side who have beaten The Toffees more times (22) than they have any other Premier League club and who have also scored against Everton (66) more times than they have against any other club. Everton actually have the opportunity to create a bit of Premier League history as they have won on their last two trips to the capital (Queen's Park Rangers, West Ham) and a win on Saturday will be the first time Everton have won three successive away matches in London during the Premier League era. Everton haven't actually won any of their last five meetings with Spurs (D2, L3) and haven't won any of their last six meetings at White Hart Lane (D2, L4). Steven Pienaar was the last Everton to score a winning goal for The Toffees away to Tottenham, in 2008.

Closer than you expected, huh? Nacer Chadli was one of three Tottenham players to scored double figures in the premier league last season with 11 goals (Kane 21, Eriksen 10) and their top scorer after those three was Danny Rose with 3 goals. Kevin Mirallas had a somehat injury prone career at Everton and does still post the better stats over the last two and a bit seasons. Both have gotten on the scoresheet this season but Mirallas' goal came against Barnsley in the cup whilst Chadli doubled Spurs' lead against Stoke in thier only home match so far this season.

Statistics & Injuries

I never claimed to be a saint

August 28, 2015, 05:42:22 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Spurs ain't won
Kane ain't scored

You do the maths
Simply simply lovely

August 28, 2015, 09:04:43 AM
Reply #2

American Evertonian

Spurs ain't won
Kane ain't scored

You do the maths

Based off this logic Kane with have a hat trick....Watch this space.
Are we there yet?

August 28, 2015, 10:39:02 AM
Reply #3

irishtoffee

Based off this logic Kane with have a hat trick....Watch this space.
I believe that was basically the suggestion

August 28, 2015, 02:28:22 PM
Reply #4

GrantyBoy78

Spurs fans not happy with Levy and the lack of signings. Lots of 'LevyOut' shouts on Twitter. If we can keep them at arms length, they'll turn on the players, a la Newcastle...or us.

They've been pretty poor this season, really think we need to get stuck into them. A Southampton-esque performance would be most welcome.

On a side note; I fucking hate these lot.

August 28, 2015, 03:25:31 PM
Reply #5

hill135

They've got nothing in midfield.

August 28, 2015, 04:06:55 PM
Reply #6

TheBlueBrony

Based off this logic Kone with have a hat trick....Watch this space.

Amended.
"I am a Phenomenal team player" - Roberto Martinez's CV, 2016

August 28, 2015, 04:10:19 PM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
They've got nothing in midfield.
Be embarrassing if we lose against 6 men like
Simply simply lovely

August 28, 2015, 04:14:25 PM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

On paper, their lineup (especially without Eriksen) is incredibly average.

On the other hand, Pochettino's pressing tactics always seem to dominate Martinez's play out from the back. Even when we beat Southampton under Pochettino, they were probably the better side.

Hopefully, sitting deep and countering like men possessed will break the spell.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:15:47 PM by Bluedylan »
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 28, 2015, 04:14:28 PM
Reply #9

Macca77

Mirallas to start please, thank you.

August 28, 2015, 04:16:14 PM
Reply #10

hill135

They're one of those teams that I don't like so I always talk them down, say they're average and then have egg on my face when we fail to beat them.

August 28, 2015, 04:19:09 PM
Reply #11

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Mirallas to start please, thank you.
Has a decent record at Whl doesnt he?
Simply simply lovely

August 28, 2015, 05:55:06 PM
Reply #12

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if we could see Barry at left back in this one?

Oviedo might be totally goosed and Browning looked like an accident waiting to happen at left back against City.

We certainly have more midfield options than defensive ones at the moment
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 28, 2015, 07:41:18 PM
Reply #13

TheTone

our record here is terrible, my first away game ever though was at WHL in November 2008 and we won 1-0, I was set in amongst the spurs fans and when we scored a guy jumped up 3 rows in front celebrating, the spurs fans went mental and the bloke gets kicked out, I remained seated with a smug smile on my face :)

That was also the game yak went down with no one near him , done his achilles and was out for ages

Don't think we've won here since?

August 28, 2015, 07:51:18 PM
Reply #14

Cozzie

Like to see Mirallas start this one, Deulefeou on the bench because I still don't think he is at peak fitness yet.

We should have these but as others have said, Kane hasn't scored this year and his last goal was against us last season.

He will score then get injured and miss the rest of the season.