June 25, 2019, 05:17:51 PM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window 2016  (Read 250402 times)

January 04, 2016, 11:52:03 PM
Reply #360

Lxxx

City, United and Chelsea could all do with Stones and Lukaku. Wouldn't surprise me if they both left in the summer to either of those three clubs, with the best part of 100m coming our way.
Lukaku is nigh on impossible for a club of our size to replace as to be fair he's now playing at a level above a mid table club, which is what we are slowly turning into. Stones, for all his promise, would be easier to replace as Jags and Mori in my eyes wouldn't be a bad partnership for now, with a top drawer keeper behind them.

January 04, 2016, 11:54:28 PM
Reply #361

Shogun

Administrator
I'd cry if we went from Stones to Shawcross.
I never claimed to be a saint

January 04, 2016, 11:56:22 PM
Reply #362

hill135

Shawcross for Stones?

Let's get Glen Whelan in to replace Barkley while we're at it.

January 05, 2016, 12:01:07 AM
Reply #363

74Blue

What is people's obsession with Ryan Shawcross? Everything about him is totally average
It's not so much an obsession, more an acknowledgement that he is a very decent and well established premier league centre half. Since what we are doing right now clearly doesn't work, maybe a big grock at the back is the answer. When you are looking at big grocks, Ryan Shawcross ticks all the boxes. Otherwise you are looking at Scott Dann, Robert Huth or Gary Cahill and all three of those are utter dogshite.

January 05, 2016, 12:44:16 AM
Reply #364

frenchy

It's not so much an obsession, more an acknowledgement that he is a very decent and well established premier league centre half. Since what we are doing right now clearly doesn't work, maybe a big grock at the back is the answer. When you are looking at big grocks, Ryan Shitehawk from Stoke ticks all the boxes. Otherwise you are looking at Scott Dann, Robert Huth or Gary Cahill and all three of those are utter dogshite.
Yet sad to say two of them play in sides who defend better than we do.

January 05, 2016, 01:09:38 AM
Reply #365

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bit worried about the elmohamady rumours...firstly because I can actually believe it, and they have been doing the rounds for about 2 years, and finally because he's ANOTHER individual style right winger...
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 05, 2016, 01:13:56 AM
Reply #366

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Did he play for MArtinez at Wgan. Always struck me a a Wigan type player
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 05, 2016, 01:16:52 AM
Reply #367

Gash

Global Moderator
Did he play for MArtinez at Wgan. Always struck me a a Wigan type player

No. I had to check as I thought he did as well. Played for Sunderland and Hull in England. Sunderland loaned him out to Hull, just let that sink in, Sunderland loaned him out.

January 05, 2016, 01:24:59 AM
Reply #368

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He was never that bad when i have seen him play. Staedy, unspectacular but can do a job. I think he would be bought as cover for Coleman if nothing else.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 05, 2016, 01:28:26 AM
Reply #369

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's more of a right back these days, isn't he?

I'd have him on the cheap tbh.

Would be a very uninspiring, Wigan type signing though.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 05, 2016, 01:53:25 AM
Reply #370

kramer0

I would rather Byram, although he seems to be attracting a lot more attention lately.

January 05, 2016, 03:15:04 AM
Reply #371

Bluedylan

Corrierre Dello Sport linking us with Balde Keita (of Lazio, and formerly another La Macia graduate) if we sell Kev. Maybe the Serie A experts can enlighten us as to his ability and potential?

As ever, the most important bit of information is that he's boss on FM.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 03:15:20 AM by Bluedylan »
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 05, 2016, 03:24:40 AM
Reply #372

stirlingblue

I would rather Byram, although he seems to be attracting a lot more attention lately.

Would he come here to play back up to Coleman?

By most accounts he's good enough to start in the prem already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 05, 2016, 03:28:11 AM
Reply #373

Shogun

Administrator
He's been playing on the wing all season anyway.
I never claimed to be a saint

January 05, 2016, 03:45:04 AM
Reply #374

kramer0

He has the versatility to play both as a midfielder and defender so he'd be good for the squad.

The other sides currently linked are Liverpool, West Ham, Watford, and Leicester. At West Ham, he could probably beat out Jenkinson, who gets into good attacking positions but isn't much of a defender. He could probably displace Nyom at Watford and Simpson at Leicester but both of those teams rely on being solid defensively and he probably isn't at the level they need yet (Leicester were conceding like crazy with the more attack-minded De Laet in the back four). He'd be a loon to go to Liverpool unless he wants to cash in at 22.

None of those situations are significantly better than Everton. Maybe West Ham, but one has to factor in their record of general lunacy and the fact that sign six or seven players every summer even when they don't need them. We've improved the careers of almost every talented youngster we've signed recently -- our track record speaks for itself.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 03:57:30 AM by kramer0 »