June 25, 2019, 04:35:13 PM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window 2016  (Read 250394 times)

January 05, 2016, 04:58:16 AM
Reply #390

kramer0

Who do we know that plays like Pienaar?

I'm sure someone will bring up Tadic but I'm really struggling to think of others. Pienaar is sort of a unique player.

January 05, 2016, 05:03:53 AM
Reply #391

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Straight in at number 1.

What about sirigu then?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 05, 2016, 05:04:44 AM
Reply #392

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Who do we know that plays like Pienaar?

I'm sure someone will bring up Tadic but I'm really struggling to think of others. Pienaar is sort of a unique player.

Closest I've seen recently is Jack Grealish.

We should be all over that cunt when villa go down.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 05, 2016, 05:41:58 AM
Reply #393

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Closest I've seen recently is Jack Grealish.

We should be all over that cunt when villa go down.

Hmm. He's got a bit of the jermaine pennant's about him.

January 05, 2016, 06:23:52 AM
Reply #394

Makis

Read a lot of criticism about Grealish, Pennant sounds about right in that respect. Looked really great earlier but has been poor along with the rest of the Villa squad this season.

January 05, 2016, 09:00:58 AM
Reply #395

Thomas

Yep. Obligatory YouTube video:

The lad's clearly got talent - but as opposed to how lethargic Serie A can be - would he get that amount of time on the ball vs Stoke,Spurs,Palace  etc?
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 05, 2016, 09:04:55 AM
Reply #396

Thomas

He has the versatility to play both as a midfielder and defender so he'd be good for the squad.

The other sides currently linked are Liverpool, West Ham, Watford, and Leicester. At West Ham, he could probably beat out Jenkinson, who gets into good attacking positions but isn't much of a defender. He could probably displace Nyom at Watford and Simpson at Leicester but both of those teams rely on being solid defensively and he probably isn't at the level they need yet (Leicester were conceding like crazy with the more attack-minded De Laet in the back four). He'd be a loon to go to Liverpool unless he wants to cash in at 22.

None of those situations are significantly better than Everton. Maybe West Ham, but one has to factor in their record of general lunacy and the fact that sign six or seven players every summer even when they don't need them. We've improved the careers of almost every talented youngster we've signed recently -- our track record speaks for itself.

I've spoke to Arsenal & West Ham fans about this lad and seen him play against us both times at Upton Park and we've all been impressed.

Capable/possible option?

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 05, 2016, 09:07:33 AM
Reply #397

Thomas

What is people's obsession with Ryan Shitehawk from Stoke? Everything about him is totally average

All part of a certain section of our supports backwardness when it comes to appreciating sides/players attempting to play good football, they'd rather worship a team like Stoke than Spurs and a manager like Pulis to Ranieri/Vilas Boas.

January 05, 2016, 02:55:30 PM
Reply #398

whirlwind82

All part of a certain section of our supports backwardness when it comes to appreciating sides/players attempting to play good football, they'd rather worship a team like Stoke than Spurs and a manager like Pulis to Ranieri/Vilas Boas.

I doubt there is a single fan out there who would rather us be like Stoke than Spurs,
Stop talking shit

January 05, 2016, 03:42:09 PM
Reply #399

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Ranieri also plays the most dogshit football in the league.

bang it behind the back four and get a load of whippets chasing it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 05, 2016, 04:30:56 PM
Reply #400

plumber

Ranieri also plays the most dogshit football in the league.

bang it behind the back four and get a load of whippets chasing it.

That just can't be true. His name sounds boss, he was born in Rome and speaks with an Italian accent.

January 05, 2016, 05:10:01 PM
Reply #401

Thomas

I doubt there is a single fan out there who would rather us be like Stoke than Spurs,
Stop talking shit

They do exist.

January 05, 2016, 05:48:03 PM
Reply #402

74Blue

If you want to continue to happy-clap the stuff that clearly isn't working, that's entirely up to you. I just want to see us perform to our full potential. If that means sacrificing some of the silk at the back for a bit of steel, then so be it.

January 05, 2016, 05:54:31 PM
Reply #403

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If you want to continue to happy-clap the stuff that clearly isn't working, that's entirely up to you. I just want to see us perform to our full potential. If that means sacrificing some of the silk at the back for a bit of steel, then so be it.

but then how does the team play out from the back with a farmyard animal like shawcross in there?

how do we defend when every time we win back possession we are banging it up field and it's coming straight back at us because we can't play it out?

or are we going to try and play it out and fail even worse because we have a gang of neanderthals back there swinging big size 11's about the place?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 05, 2016, 05:54:53 PM
Reply #404

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
think i've got the wrong end of the old stick there. ignore me.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 05:56:26 PM by brap2 »