June 25, 2019, 04:30:08 PM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window 2016  (Read 250393 times)

January 19, 2016, 05:45:56 PM
Reply #975

Rhys

Jon-Jo Kenny should be the cover now. He's about 20 isn't he, and he's spent time on loan at Wigan.

18, and his time on loan at Wigan was cut short...

He definitely has talent, but given he hasn't made our match day squad yet I'd highly doubt he is near to being our backup right back.

Of course it's a shame, people should be fussed of he doesn't join because Martinez wanted him and it's a position we need so to get a talented youngster on the cheap who is English it is a shame. Especially as if Coleman isn't there it means moving a 40m centre back out of his best position and doing a job there because he is a really good player and footballer. It would have been much better to have got someone who plays that role naturally and is an attacking player as the way we play it really helps to have someone who can move forward well.

I doubt we will sign another right back this window, in my opinion we were doing it because we were probably trying to get him on a free/tribunal in the summer but Leeds said they are selling him now so we decided to act in case someone else did. It would have been nice to finally have a backup right back.

January 19, 2016, 06:04:42 PM
Reply #976

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
i believe you are forgetting about the footballing powerhouse that is Felipe Mattioni?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 19, 2016, 06:06:03 PM
Reply #977

School of Science

i believe you are forgetting about the footballing powerhouse that is Felipe Mattioni?

Injured I think pal.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 19, 2016, 06:07:17 PM
Reply #978

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Injured I think pal.

he's just luring west ham into a false sense of security.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 19, 2016, 06:32:38 PM
Reply #979

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Coleman
Browning
Pennington
Kenny

We've got decent depth in terms of future prospects, its the here and now where with Browning injured for the season and Coleman sidelined that its showing we're a little short.

I've not seen Byram play, but from the reports he sounded like someone who would be a good acquisition but not someone we absolutely desperately needed - unlike a keeper or reliable backup for Lukaku.

January 19, 2016, 06:35:43 PM
Reply #980

DANNOJ

Not heard much of Davies; you know anything about him?

Highly thought of. Trained with Senior England squad in last break

Tipped to be the most talented player we have produced. Called a new age midfielder with energy to burn and technique to rival Germans!! Exciting times ahead for our young lads

January 19, 2016, 06:36:43 PM
Reply #981

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Browning, Pennington, Kenny - none of them are in the coleman mold so I assume we will be looking elsewhere sooner or later.

January 19, 2016, 06:41:50 PM
Reply #982

DANNOJ

A major factor why so many people are alimony about Byram isn't necessarily because we wanted him. It's because
1) media making it look like West Ham have trumped is again and make them look bigger then they are
2) no experienced back up for Coleman
3) a concerning lack of credible stories linking players to Everton where there is so many imminent outgoing a

Martinez did say this January is about trimming the squad a bit so I expect McGeady, Naismith and Gibson to go with one in and maybe a loan if we are lucky

We need an attacking player with a mean streak. Not being funny but we would turned at least 4 of our draws into wins if we had Eto'o here

January 19, 2016, 06:47:24 PM
Reply #983

MmmblueBernard

Not being funny but we would turned at least 4 of our draws into wins if we had Eto'o here

This is a joke isn't it......
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 19, 2016, 06:56:27 PM
Reply #984

sootyjrw

A major factor why so many people are alimony about Byram isn't necessarily because we wanted him. It's because
1) media making it look like West Ham have trumped is again and make them look bigger then they are

Martinez did say this January is about trimming the squad a bit so I expect McGeady, Naismith and Gibson to go with one in and maybe a loan if we are lucky

Couldn't agree more, even on newsnmow today, ESPN running a story that Max Gradel turned us down to join Bournemouth, why produce this story today, he's been injured all season

January 19, 2016, 07:05:50 PM
Reply #985

Macca77

2) no experienced back up for Coleman
3) a concerning lack of credible stories linking players to Everton where there is so many imminent outgoing a

We need an attacking player with a mean streak. Not being funny but we would turned at least 4 of our draws into wins if we had Eto'o here

What a ridiculous statement that is, Eto'o was a flash in pan player and a very disruptive influence in the dressing room, that's why we got rid.

January 19, 2016, 07:06:34 PM
Reply #986

Macca77

Couldn't agree more, even on newsnmow today, ESPN running a story that Max Gradel turned us down to join Bournemouth, why produce this story today, he's been injured all season

Bollocks is what this is

January 19, 2016, 07:11:10 PM
Reply #987

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd forgotten we ever had Eto'o here.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 19, 2016, 07:34:41 PM
Reply #988

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Highly thought of. Trained with Senior England squad in last break

Tipped to be the most talented player we have produced. Called a new age midfielder with energy to burn and technique to rival Germans!! Exciting times ahead for our young lads

Is this true? The most talented player we have produced seems a bit far fetched like considering we've only just started to hear about him?

January 19, 2016, 07:54:23 PM
Reply #989

Gash

Global Moderator
Not being funny but we would turned at least 4 of our draws into wins if we had Eto'o here

Why, can he play in goal? Scoring goals hasn't been a problem this year, it's keeping them out we've struggled with.