June 16, 2019, 03:55:38 PM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window 2016  (Read 249927 times)

January 21, 2016, 02:32:18 AM
Reply #1095

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Surely there's a younger talentless workhorse available somewhere for less than long would cost.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 21, 2016, 02:33:56 AM
Reply #1096

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think long probably has more to his game than Naismith.

If we sold Naismith for 8.5mil and replaced him with long for 10, we would improve our squad for a fee of 1.5 mil.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 21, 2016, 02:42:48 AM
Reply #1097

alexb

If we sold Naismith for 8.5mil and replaced him with long for 10, we would improve our squad for a fee of 1.5 mil.

No no no no no, its such wet, unimaginative, follow through of a transfer. Martinez said he is building a young dynamic thrilling team and signing Long sends blood rushing to your bellend as fast as Gemma Collins does :/

January 21, 2016, 02:48:01 AM
Reply #1098

WeimaranerBlues

Was more of a fan when he was at reading, never really progressed beyond 1 in 4 goals,  a season, but  for say 1.5m difference , good work rate ala Naismith ( 1 in 5) could be useful turns 29 soon

January 21, 2016, 03:15:58 AM
Reply #1099

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Don't think he does to be honest. Naisy has the better finish all day long.

He's just pacey and never stops working. A Kevin Doyle if you will.

Only good thing about the signing would be all those blurts who think lukaku is lazy would have a wet dream watching Shane headless Long have after no hope punts from jags.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 21, 2016, 03:20:00 AM
Reply #1100

irishtoffee

I think we have room for Long alright. I think he offers a lot to 2 important aspects of the game, creating chances for himself and others especially when chasing a game and secondly he's a great player to have when you're trying to close out a game. His high energy can put pressure on defences and I'd be happy to see on board for 10mill max. I think he's different to what we have already.

January 21, 2016, 03:27:57 AM
Reply #1101

Makis

It wouldn't hurt to have someone who does the dirty work, but I'm not saying it's Long. But just as a reminder, Andy Gray had scored less than 40 goals in about 140 games for Wolves when he joined us and only managed 14 goals in about 50 games with us. And he was 28 when he joined.

January 21, 2016, 04:16:02 AM
Reply #1102

Bluedylan

We're not actually after Long are we? No way he's a Martinez player.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 21, 2016, 04:35:52 AM
Reply #1103

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck Shane Long now. I want Pato.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 21, 2016, 04:42:34 AM
Reply #1104

Gash

Global Moderator
Fuck Shane Long now. I want Pato.

Rumoured to have agreed a deal with Chelsea.

January 21, 2016, 04:54:02 AM
Reply #1105

Bluedylan

Heard Tim Vickery (I know, I know) saying that Pato's club and his agent have been pimping him out for months, trying to get him a move to the Prem to get him off the wage bill, but up until now with Chelsea, they've had no interest from the stronger clubs.

Apparently he's done very well since he's been back in Brazil but as ever with him, it's the injury issues.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 21, 2016, 04:55:17 AM
Reply #1106

sam of the south

Rumoured to have agreed a deal with Chelsea.

Oh fucking hell, why would he choose to go there instead of us, jeez, we're doomed etc. 😩😩😩
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 21, 2016, 05:01:21 AM
Reply #1107

Gash

Global Moderator
Oh fucking hell, why would he choose to go there instead of us, jeez, we're doomed etc. 😩😩😩

London init.

January 21, 2016, 05:37:50 AM
Reply #1108

Ross

Long would be alright. In the could do worse category

As in the he'd be better than Kenwyne Jones rumour category?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 21, 2016, 05:50:44 AM
Reply #1109

Ross

It wouldn't hurt to have someone who does the dirty work, but I'm not saying it's Long. But just as a reminder, Andy Gray had scored less than 40 goals in about 140 games for Wolves when he joined us and only managed 14 goals in about 50 games with us. And he was 28 when he joined.

We've just sold a fella who does the "dirty work" and has a decent goalscoring record to Norwich.

A lot of our fans will only ever accept players with fancy FIFA ratings , more vowels than consonants in their name or from league that doesn't even have a highlights show on SyFy tv.

Can somebody tell me what's the point of down grading from Steven Naismith to a player that's not as good as Naismith ffs?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.