June 17, 2019, 04:05:47 PM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window 2016  (Read 249996 times)

January 27, 2016, 12:15:06 AM
Reply #1335

ally2

Maybe Martinez can only spend what he intends to if the funds are there. This £8.5 m basically covers the money lost in league placings from where we will probably end up.

January 27, 2016, 02:59:21 AM
Reply #1336

Nicco

He's playing things slow and waiting to see if any bargain-price deals become available.

Slaughter the man all you want for his tactics (he has it coming) but he generally finds good value in the market and he hasn't signed anyone truly shite yet except maybe Alcaraz and McGeady (and perhaps you can make arguments against Kone and Robles).
And then somebody make a development mistake and forget to fax the papers in the last dying seconds of the transfer window....
Jönköpings Södra IF

January 27, 2016, 04:56:06 AM
Reply #1337

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

January 27, 2016, 02:48:13 PM
Reply #1338

Trowel

Rumour on my timeline of Oviedo to Norwich but I can't find any source. I don't particularly rate him, but wouldn't make any sense given our injury problems at full back.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 27, 2016, 03:07:00 PM
Reply #1339

Hawkandro

Saw a tweet last night apparently quoting the de Boer, saying they need van Rijn due to an injury to another player.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 27, 2016, 05:39:26 PM
Reply #1340

Rodenplav64

Stones is not perfect. He is prone to mistakes because he is still learning his trade, and for a large chunk of the season has been the senior defender. He is class, but his form has been lacking. But the tactics of martinez haven't helped either.

I am sorry but if John Stones was playing under Moyes he would have sunk like a Stone ( no pun intended ) . Jagielka , Distan , Yobo and Lescott were better at the basics . Stones looks the part the way we want to play but he is still young and is making too many individual errors . However , transfer him to Barcelona and the team they have and the way the play and its fit like a glove time .

January 27, 2016, 05:43:44 PM
Reply #1341

Bluedylan

I am sorry but if John Stones was playing under Moyes he would have sunk like a Stone ( no pun intended ) . Jagielka , Distan , Yobo and Lescott were better at the basics . Stones looks the part the way we want to play but he is still young and is making too many individual errors . However , transfer him to Barcelona and the team they have and the way the play and its fit like a glove time .

When Stones first came into the team, he was doing all the nasty defensive work, throwing his body on the line, winning headers etc etc. He can do all that stuff without question. Either the lad himself, the manager, or a combination of both has completely lost sight of this.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 27, 2016, 06:18:44 PM
Reply #1342

Alanvideo

Rumour on my timeline of Oviedo to Norwich but I can't find any source. I don't particularly rate him, but wouldn't make any sense given our injury problems at full back.
..........swop deal for Naismith ?  :snigger:
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 27, 2016, 06:23:30 PM
Reply #1343

Juanito

Barcelona would not let me take as many risks as Martinez does. Or hang on to the ball for as long as he does. They would encourage him to play in out from the back and take the ball in tight spaces but I doubt they would be so kamikaze. The fact he knows he won't get dropped, as a 21 year old centre back, says a lot.

January 27, 2016, 06:29:57 PM
Reply #1344

Hawkandro

Wolfsburg have had a 28m euro offer for Embolo rejected. Obviously holding out to play alongside his hero, Kone.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 27, 2016, 07:05:16 PM
Reply #1345

Macca77

Now don't kill me here, but anyone reckon we should take a chance in Vidic? Yes he's old now and has had injuries but he's also been there, seen it and done it, a short term deal could be good for us and his experience would almost certainly sort our defensive problems.

January 27, 2016, 07:29:53 PM
Reply #1346

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Now don't kill me here, but anyone reckon we should take a chance in Vidic? Yes he's old now and has had injuries but he's also been there, seen it and done it, a short term deal could be good for us and his experience would almost certainly sort our defensive problems.

I'm going to let you live

But he was a total car crash at Inter. He's finished
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 27, 2016, 07:43:16 PM
Reply #1347

Danny

I'd give him a chance on the right wages on a 6 month deal, were really short on experience and leadership.

January 27, 2016, 07:48:45 PM
Reply #1348

Macca77

I'm going to let you live

But he was a total car crash at Inter. He's finished

I didn't see him play at Inter, but I think he could possibly be a Richard Gough type signing

January 27, 2016, 07:54:44 PM
Reply #1349

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't see him play at Inter, but I think he could possibly be a Richard Gough type signing

Id take Richard Gough back
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!