June 25, 2019, 03:32:44 PM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 129953 times)

June 03, 2016, 06:19:58 AM
Reply #255

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think the only manager we could hire who we could be reasonably certain would stick around for 5-10 years would be David Moyes.

And none of us want that!

I'm hoping Koeman is the blend of Moyes and Martinez that we've often mentioned. I certainly feel he will make us solid again and tough to beat. That's the next step.

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 03, 2016, 06:20:32 AM
Reply #256

md49vd

165 mil sounds like an awful lot of money to spend in a transfer window

if lukaku leaves then we will obviously need a new striker, we also need a new keeper,

The defence is fine imo, there are no weak links there, baines and coleman are the best full backs in the league on their day and jags is our captain and stones our future captain. Mori is an exceptional replacement who is now an Argentine International player.

If we have injuries in defence we can always rely on youth like we did at the end of last season, they played exceptionally well especially in the game against norwich.

The midfield does need to be improved imo, we cannot rely on Barkley to be our playmaker constantly which is why I think maybe bringing tadic / mane from southampton would be a good idea

lennon is a good player but i would not have him over deulefeu or mirallas. with potentially osman, pienaar, gibson and mcgeady leaving in the summer or being loaned out we haven't got a strong backup if injuries hit our midfield. Barry is also getting on these days.

if lukaku leaves we are a bit weak up front with only kone, niasse and tarashaj. I am excited about the prospect of tarashaj though and hope he has a good euro's (if he gets any game time).

so basically i think need a goalkeeper, a creative midfielder, a winger, 2 strikers

that's 5 players with £165.00 mil budget meaning on average each player would cost 33 million . that just seems crazy given that lukaku is our highest transfer signing at 28 mil.

take into account koeman may sign a few squad players to replace the outgoing lukaku, osman, hibbert, pienaar, howard etc.. then you would still be looking at at least 25 mil per player and that's not including the money we recoup from player sales.

--------------New Keeper--------------

Coleman---Stones---Jagielka/Mori-----Baines

Deulofeu----Barkley---McCarthy/Barry----Mirallas

----------New Striker------New Striker---------------
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:21:01 AM by md49vd »

June 03, 2016, 06:21:36 AM
Reply #257

church

That doesn't justify stooping to the level of one or two of them. We have class.
I am not stooping to any level.......... I  am just stating ....what has been said about us today.I certainly don't have to listen to another members opinion and not voice my own. No offence to you or the original poster........ it was the last comment .... that they had put up that got to me.

June 03, 2016, 06:25:00 AM
Reply #258

Cozzie

Sound cut off a quarter way through. :(

Yeah same here, shame.

June 03, 2016, 06:26:00 AM
Reply #259

Bluedylan

This is a proper statement of intent from Moshiri.

Some of us might've wanted Emery, Pellegrini or others, but this was the guy Moshiri wanted from the off, and he seems to have got him. That act alone is out of step with what we've had to put up with for as long as I can remember.

It would've been quite easy to say 'let's take De Boer, he's decent and cheaper'. But Moshiri hasn't done that here.

I do think we're in for a really exciting, positive time as a club.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 03, 2016, 06:27:38 AM
Reply #260

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
What's his transfer record for players bought at Soton like?

June 03, 2016, 06:28:04 AM
Reply #261

Alfie Noakes

I am not stooping to any level.......... I  am just stating ....what has been said about us today.I certainly don't have to listen to another members opinion and not voice my own. No offence to you or the original poster........ it was the last comment .... that they had put up that got to me.

I wasn't saying you were stooping to any level, just hoping that you and others don't take it any further!

June 03, 2016, 06:28:16 AM
Reply #262

Tinga

This is a proper statement of intent from Moshiri.

Some of us might've wanted Emery, Pellegrini or others, but this was the guy Moshiri wanted from the off, and he seems to have got him. That act alone is out of step with what we've had to put up with for as long as I can remember.

It would've been quite easy to say 'let's take De Boer, he's decent and cheaper'. But Moshiri hasn't done that here.

I do think we're in for a really exciting, positive time as a club.

It's awesome isn't it but I have to admit it's a strange feeling as well.

June 03, 2016, 06:28:38 AM
Reply #263

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
There's been civic sniping between the two cities for the last few years.
Coupled with the fact the rest of the country still thinks of Liverpool as the place ~Harry Enfield's scousers are from and the fact Southampton as a club feel they have proven themselves as a top 10 side and want some recognition points to them not reacting well to this news.

I went the year before last (the 2-0 abject loss) and spoke to a few of them down there (massive lack of boozers). There's been no rivalry between the clubs as they have been none-entities for a long time. That has led to a liking of each other.
Same with City originally.
But as soon as a team becomes a rival or is considered immediately above you in the tiers you start to find reasons not to like them.
They were starting to feel that towards us 2 or 3 years ago apparently. We hadn't noticded the existed at that point.

Seems we still havent as popping down and just taking their manager seems perfectly obvious to us. Why wouldnt he leave them?
That's the attitude they will be railing against at the minute

that's not including the money we recoup from player sales.
It sort of is.
The current attitude is we have £100m to spend.
The £165m figure is after the sale of Lukaku.
I genuinely dont see anybody else leaving for a significant sum of money.

June 03, 2016, 06:29:23 AM
Reply #264

ally2

It does feel like the reason we have waited so long is because Koeman wanted to go on holiday. That's ok. But a little surprising when I thought there were more difficult complications than that.

June 03, 2016, 06:32:09 AM
Reply #265

church

I wasn't saying you were stooping to any level, just hoping that you and others don't take it any further!
No probs mate........... I am a new kid on the block in here........ I just think we have all been pulling our hairs out for the last 3 weeks..... it must be sending us all a bit Doo lally.......... :laugh:

June 03, 2016, 06:36:25 AM
Reply #266

Ross

You'd have to ask Les Reed I believe who deals with Southampton's player recruitment since Koeman was hired.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Reed_(football_coach)
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 03, 2016, 06:37:39 AM
Reply #267

kramer0

I'm pretty sure Les Reed is the main person driving transfers at Southampton.

Getting a sporting director to work with Koeman will be crucial.

June 03, 2016, 06:42:52 AM
Reply #268

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Ronnie clearly has better dress sense in the coat department compared to Bobby.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 03, 2016, 06:51:06 AM
Reply #269

Tinga

Can we keep the snide remarks about Southampton and their supporters to a minimum?

I'm sure some of you have legitimate reasons for disliking them but for me, they're one of the few Premier League clubs I have time for. Their rivals vulture their players and/or staff every summer and they keep right on performing. They are a very well run club and I have a lot of respect for that.

It's nice that Everton now have some financial muscle to flex but we don't need to spit on the clubs we buy from. I remember how livid it made me when City supporters started banging on about how they were going to buy whoever they wanted. Let's not be that club.

Let's let our results do the talking.

It's kind of difficult after reading 22 pages of their fan forum.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56548-Ron-Koeman/page20

They really do think so highly of themselves, it's incredible.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56548-Ron-Koeman/page21
This page in particular with their replies to a pretty normal Evertonians post.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:57:23 AM by Tinga »