November 15, 2019, 09:27:46 AM

Author Topic: West Ham vs Everton  (Read 41478 times)

December 29, 2010, 02:19:12 AM
Reply #315

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Think there's going to be trouble ahead. We are deep in relegation trouble now looking at the table.

Thats a cheap 'get out' if ever I've heard one.

December 29, 2010, 02:19:13 AM
Reply #316

Dr. Sponge

We clearly wasn't playing for a draw. Moyes picked that team because he thought we'd win, by dominating possession and cutting through their defence. Unfortunately:

Arteta looked lost and the lowest on confidence I've ever seen him.
Cahill "does a job" as a striker, but like a lot of us on here have already said he gets all his goals from getting into the box late (behind a striker).
Hibbert filled in at the back, and threw in some great tackles, but his positioning wasn't of a seasoned centre half.
Neville's is inept at crossing.
We barely tested the keeper. No shots = no goals.

Overall, we saw what Moyes was trying but it went completely wrong. Poor tactics and a poor performance from the players to boot.

Yakubu didn't look much when he came on, but for some reason he's been sitting on the bench for the last 8 weeks, which might explain his rustiness.

Our main problem is that our team thinks they're better than what they are. Unless we're playing against a side with a huge reputation, then they haven't shown enough spirit.

December 29, 2010, 02:19:35 AM
Reply #317

matty1878

im all for moyes, and yes even tho he gets some decisions, wrong tactics subs, etc. im looking at a bigger picture here at sick of being the team with no money ever ever. unless we sell. so it falls on our beleagured board of directors, who sit on there hands permanetly
row u seat 167 park end

December 29, 2010, 02:27:01 AM
Reply #318

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We're in 11th and better off than at the same time last season.

But we're only 3 points off being 3rd from bottom. Villa look in a worse position though.

Are we really better off than at the same time as last season though? We have a fully fit team right now.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 29, 2010, 02:35:45 AM
Reply #319

kunal32

5 teams who are capable of being champions, finishing in a CL spot, those that are currently occupying those 5 positions. The 15 others are just an average to bad bunch.  We will continue in this vain for many more seasons to come. The only side that will challenge the top 5 are the shite and that'll come after a new manager is at the helm with a major overhaul in the squad. But they have the capabilities and the finances to achieve this.

December 29, 2010, 02:38:42 AM
Reply #320

matty1878

so like im saying, until we have a proper board, who run us as a premier league club, and not a shitty championship club, and we can buy players.. we will always just "manage" and thats down to moyes. so if he were to go...
row u seat 167 park end

December 29, 2010, 02:44:58 AM
Reply #321

Dr. Sponge

so like im saying, until we have a proper board, who run us as a premier league club, and not a shitty championship club, and we can buy players.. we will always just "manage" and thats down to moyes. so if he were to go...

The board had nothing to do with us not beating West Ham today. As well as the many supposedly lesser teams we've dropped points against this season. If we were hitting the ceiling again in 5th place I'd be singing the same tune as you too.

December 29, 2010, 02:46:38 AM
Reply #322

matty1878

no, because the 11 players moyes picks should beat, shit like west ham. but on the other foot if wed have money wed have a better calibre of striker...
row u seat 167 park end

December 29, 2010, 02:50:12 AM
Reply #323

Dr. Sponge

no, because the 11 players moyes picks should beat, shit like west ham. but on the other foot if wed have money wed have a better calibre of striker...

Apart from Scott Parker, we had a far superior selection of players to choose from today.

December 29, 2010, 03:07:51 AM
Reply #324

blue for you

playing west ham who are shit this season with no strikers says it all blame lies with moyes
again my friends bring on Bily and Beckford in add time joke

December 29, 2010, 03:28:52 AM
Reply #325

nomorechang

RIP
Just watching utd v Birmingham , up until utd scored they were playing worse tham us but the big difference ? Utd have got a player like Berbatov who can produce one moment of magic ... game over
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 29, 2010, 03:42:14 AM
Reply #326

Meak

I missed the game due to work, but I was not happy when I saw we drew. Can someone give me a little overview of how the match went?
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

December 29, 2010, 03:44:56 AM
Reply #327

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I missed the game due to work, but I was not happy when I saw we drew. Can someone give me a little overview of how the match went?

70/30 possession to us early on.  Poor as usual in final third.  They sucker punched us with an own goal but our defending was awful and continued to be throughout.  Any other team would have killed us but they are poor.   A well worked goal to equalise (the only good thing the midfield did all game) then neither team made much of a game of it. 

December 29, 2010, 03:47:33 AM
Reply #328

Meak

Thanks man, it really irritates me when we play so poorly against teams as weak at West Ham or the newly promoted teams like Blackpool, yet we have the same quality to beat Man City.
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

December 29, 2010, 03:48:07 AM
Reply #329

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Thanks man, it really irritates me when we play so poorly against teams as weak at West Ham or the newly promoted teams like Blackpool, yet we have the same quality to beat Man City.

Same old though innit...