September 22, 2017, 06:14:29 AM

Author Topic: [News]Lukaku rejects new 140k per week contract  (Read 53030 times)

March 15, 2017, 12:24:06 PM
Reply #105

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
He's a player that is good enough to play for the top top teams in Europe, who pay their players top top wages.

140k p/w sounds a lot to us, and is possibly all we can afford right now.  If he knows he can earn 60k extra per week, then that's 15m over a 5 year deal.  This isn't Rooney at the end of a career where he's earned m's, so you can't expect him to take less than his market value just to play for Everton?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

deCoubertin

March 15, 2017, 12:37:20 PM
Reply #106

Bluedylan

I don't think it'll be anything to do with money. It'll be the release clause.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

March 15, 2017, 02:05:35 PM
Reply #107

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nothing bores me more than a contract saga.

Especially when the words 'release clause' pop up

March 15, 2017, 02:18:18 PM
Reply #108

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Nothing bores me more than a contract saga.

Especially when the words 'release clause' pop up

I wonder when the first "give him whatever release clause he wants, we don't have to agree to it and tere'll be plenty of clubs entering a bidding war for him anyway" shouts will appear?

March 15, 2017, 02:22:46 PM
Reply #109

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
As I understand it we want a release clause of 90 million, he wants 70 million, give it to him FFS ! If we don't then we go through the whole summer of discontent with stupid bids coming in and being rejected before he finally goes leaving us with no time for a replacement. With the new contract we are guaranteed 70 million, all interested parties know that , first one in that offers 70 million and he's gone.

March 15, 2017, 02:51:07 PM
Reply #110

Rhys

Keep him for one more season at least, and see how the situation stands next summer. If we have to sell him then for 30-40m, so be it. I'd keep him and try to strentghen significantly this summer.

If that's the plan might as well agree to the release clause of 60-65 have him for one more year and sell him like Liverpool did with Suarez and still get a good amount which is how I think it will end unless he has concrete interest from one of the big clubs now. We either do that or sell him this summer for me and try and get around 80m.

But I could definitely see us giving in on the release clause side, him getting 140k a week for the next 12 months with a 60-65m release clause and him going next year. He gets the extra money for a year, we keep him the extra year without losing him for an amount Troy deeney had a bid rejected for and it builds his chances of more people wanting him if he is a year better and got another 25 goals behind him.

March 15, 2017, 03:15:42 PM
Reply #111

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Give him a 65m release clause that kicks in on February 1st 2018

March 15, 2017, 03:31:01 PM
Reply #112

cyberduck

What's up with him? Doesn't he think he's as good as Pogba?   :)

March 15, 2017, 04:24:02 PM
Reply #113

BlueNoseMike

Discussing Lukaku on talksport. Jim White apparently spoke to Moshiri last night, who was quite calm about the whole thing. Jim White has said Everton are quite comfortable with it.

He's just said he got home from sky sports and got in touch with Moshiri. Moshiri said the club is confident and the contract is recognition of his achievements. Apparently he said don't worry, he's our player!

Will update if he says anymore about his conversation with Moshiri

March 15, 2017, 04:47:29 PM
Reply #114

Robioto

Discussing Lukaku on talksport. Jim White apparently spoke to Moshiri last night, who was quite calm about the whole thing. Jim White has said Everton are quite comfortable with it.

He's just said he got home from sky sports and got in touch with Moshiri. Moshiri said the club is confident and the contract is recognition of his achievements. Apparently he said don't worry, he's our player!

Will update if he says anymore about his conversation with Moshiri

http://talksport.com/football/romelu-lukaku-latest-no-one-should-worry-he-our-player-everton-chief-farhad-moshiri-tells

March 15, 2017, 04:49:26 PM
Reply #115

Alanvideo

Don Goodman and Ray Wilkins talking quite sensibly about Lukaku on SSN. Both said he should stay put for a couple more seasons.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 15, 2017, 05:14:36 PM
Reply #116

Hawkandro

I think he should stay with us for another season at least. Sign the deal, if we get into the Top 4 next year, brilliant; you have your CL football so go and prove you are good enough.

If we miss the Top 4, we let you go to a CL club for 80m and you will play CL still with many prime years left.

I guess the impasse at present is negotiating tactics to get the best possible deal. Fingers crossed we can resolve it soon.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 15, 2017, 05:19:23 PM
Reply #117

chang

Oh for a return to my youth when most clubs in Div 1 had a local lad as their number 9

March 15, 2017, 05:37:53 PM
Reply #118

Ross

I think he should stay with us for another season at least. Sign the deal, if we get into the Top 4 next year, brilliant; you have your CL football so go and prove you are good enough.

If we miss the Top 4, we let you go to a CL club for 80m and you will play CL still with many prime years left.

I guess the impasse at present is negotiating tactics to get the best possible deal. Fingers crossed we can resolve it soon.

The thing is Lukaku doesn't just want to join a club that's playing in the champions league he wants to be in a team that's winning the champions league (and other things), and he wants that now. Not in a year or two.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 15, 2017, 05:53:50 PM
Reply #119

BlueNoseMike

If I was someone close to Lukaku I'd be in his ear telling him he is still really young for a footballer, continue his development, etc then either move on or Everton are there. I'd be reminding him that his hero, Didier Drogba, didn't join Chelsea until he was 26, and won his first trophy at 27.

Lukaku has the physical prowess to be at the high level for longer than most players and has got plenty of time to achieve big things.

I think young players, and to be honest, the younger generation want things instantly, when it is sometimes important to be paitent. I love him, easily our best player, but I still think there's parts of his game missing and he is not an upgrade on any of the top top teams current strikers. I'm talking Lewandoswki, Ronaldo, Suarez, even Costa Aguero. The one that worries me is United, but I still think they'll go in for Griezmann and keep Zlatan.

I'm not resigned to losing him just yet.