November 25, 2017, 08:11:13 AM

Author Topic: [News]Lukaku rejects new 140k per week contract  (Read 57947 times)

March 15, 2017, 02:43:22 AM
Reply #90

velimski

Keep him for one more season at least, and see how the situation stands next summer. If we have to sell him then for 30-40m, so be it. I'd keep him and try to strentghen significantly this summer.

Trouble with that is that it would essentially be costing Everton at least 30m per season to keep him.

If in 12 months time he's still here (with the current 12 months on his contract), then he could easily run the final year of his contract down which means you've 'lost' 60m+ in the space of 2 years.

deCoubertin

March 15, 2017, 02:46:19 AM
Reply #91

Simon Paul

Administrator
Trouble with that is that it would essentially be costing Everton at least 30m per season to keep him.

If in 12 months time he's still here (with the current 12 months on his contract), then he could easily run the final year of his contract down which means you've 'lost' 60m+ in the space of 2 years.

unless he's smashing them in to try and prove a point and we get through to the group stages of the Champions League, that is

March 15, 2017, 02:50:36 AM
Reply #92

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

I reckon 20+ league goals and touching 30 in all comps is something i would probably pay 30m a year for to be honest.

March 15, 2017, 02:54:35 AM
Reply #93

velimski

I reckon 20+ league goals and touching 30 in all comps is something i would probably pay 30m a year for to be honest.

So would I if it wasn't my own money.

March 15, 2017, 02:54:37 AM
Reply #94

Bluedylan

The thing that relaxes me about all of this is that Everton don't get mugged off by anyone. We drive a very hard bargain, so the club's interests will be protected whatever happens.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 15, 2017, 03:07:46 AM
Reply #95

fubarruk

The thing that relaxes me about all of this is that Everton don't get mugged off by anyone. We drive a very hard bargain, so the club's interests will be protected whatever happens.
Absolutely this. The club won't lose on this deal.

He'll be a loss obviously but the club have been exemplary in this, put a big offer on the table but seemingly refused to budge when he wanted to insert a clause which still got him out if a better offer come along.

He stays with is on his current 'low' wage still knowing he needs to put in big performances if he wants a big move and a world cup next summer = Everton win

Whenbthe time comes to sell him we get massive money, we don't let players leave on the cheap, especially not this one = Everton win

It was inevitable he would leave at some point, it's clearly going to be on our terms

March 15, 2017, 03:16:59 AM
Reply #96

Ball8y

We can always pull Niasse back from Hull

March 15, 2017, 03:50:30 AM
Reply #97

ally2

I got angry about this 18 months ago when Martinez was running us into the ground. Oh well. Happy if he stays but if not then I hope we can share the burden of goals and assists through the team instead. We have a manager I believe can do this.

March 15, 2017, 04:01:56 AM
Reply #98

efcforlife

March 15, 2017, 04:04:33 AM
Reply #99

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

Rooney, Arteta, Mori and Niasse all say hi.

But yes, broadly I agree with your point.

March 15, 2017, 04:14:57 AM
Reply #100

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

March 15, 2017, 04:18:11 AM
Reply #101

efcforlife

Rooney, Arteta, Mori and Niasse all say hi.

But yes, broadly I agree with your point.

We don't sell cheap. Arteta and Rooney were both good deals imo.

We haven't been too bad at spending it over the years either. We haven't wasted nearly as much money as most prem clubs on failed players.

I rate Mori highly and believe he'll be worth a lot more than we paid in a few years and we will see something back for Niasse aswell and possibly a good price if he bags a few more for hull.

March 15, 2017, 10:13:40 AM
Reply #102

blue1948

Could you clarify ? Serious request.

well firstly no one would leave him on the bench and secondly no one would forget him

March 15, 2017, 10:32:30 AM
Reply #103

blue1948

my view is that there is no way he will sign a buy-out clause that prices him out of the market ,those who expect that have their heads up their rear ends and why isn't he being offered 200,000 a week ? That is the least a top striker gets and will be the figure he will sign for when he moves .
If we are to be one of the elite that is where we need to change ,I know someone will quote fair play rules and blowing all our budget and if that is the case he must go as simple as that .He is as good as Linekar and younger and he will be a great player so of course I would love him to stay but he has had it in his mind and sadly will continue to .What would change is only his bank account nothing more

March 15, 2017, 11:16:39 AM
Reply #104

Ramjam

I can see the Lukaku shirts getting burned  on Saturday then he signs his new deal on Monday
WE ARE THE PEOPLE