September 27, 2017, 04:48:11 AM

Author Topic: [News]Cleverley set to seal permanent move to Watford after international break  (Read 5083 times)

April 01, 2017, 06:06:22 AM
Reply #105

Ridge

Well we've improved for nothing but it says nowt to the value of either player

Liverpool swapped Torres for Carroll and 15m. Are we suggesting that says something to carrolls value?

Getting a fantastic deal on gueye doesn't negate losing money elsewhere

Keep seeing rooney will only cost what Valencia and Niasse do. Wasting money slightly worse than before isn't good business

Circumstances dictate fees, we nearly paid 35m for Sissoko and ended up paying 24m for Schneiderlin. With Cleverley, only Watford were seemingly interested so 6m seems fair. With Gueye we activated his relegation release clause at 7.5m.

We made a 6m profit on Cleverley and Gueye looks a snip at 7.5m, so both were good deals for the club.

Valencia hasn't set the world on fire, but he wasn't first pick, it was getting late and the disco was about to close. Think Rooney will cost very little if anything in terms of fee. He might want a sizeable amount of wages, but we could probably flog him to China for 50m if it doesn't work out.

deCoubertin

April 01, 2017, 02:30:28 PM
Reply #106

KoemansNumberTens

Why do you keep bringing up random comparisons?

It's really not that difficult to comprehend is it? Within 6 months of each other we bought one excellent midfielder and sold another poor one for roughly the same price. Squad improved and we broke even.

Whether we could have got more for Cleverley or could have paid more for Gueye is irrelevant. It is what it is.

It's a thread on cleverley and we are discussing his price. It's surely the only thing relevant in here? Gueye is what's irrelevant in the cleverley signing for Watford thread unless I'm missing the point of the titles to these things

April 01, 2017, 03:21:41 PM
Reply #107

Lxxx

It's a thread on cleverley and we are discussing his price. It's surely the only thing relevant in here? Gueye is what's irrelevant in the cleverley signing for Watford thread unless I'm missing the point of the titles to these things

Whatever mate. Enjoy the game.

April 01, 2017, 03:25:10 PM
Reply #108

KoemansNumberTens

April 01, 2017, 03:48:06 PM
Reply #109

efcforlife

Wow people really are fucking stupid.

How lucky you struck on a deal doesn't set the value of a player.

What the fuck has Gueye got to do with Toms value?

For a player of similar ability and experience 6m is not the going rate in today's market.

It's fucking simple to understand

April 01, 2017, 03:54:04 PM
Reply #110

Bluedylan

Lads, who gives a fuck really? We've got shut of a distinctly average player and got a bit of wedge from it. Let's crack on and look forward to having better players.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

April 01, 2017, 03:59:14 PM
Reply #111

Robioto

Lads, who gives a fuck really? We've got shut of a distinctly average player and got a bit of wedge from it. Let's crack on and look forward to having better players.

Exactly, this thread has spiralled into nonsense now.

April 01, 2017, 11:32:59 PM
Reply #112

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

April 02, 2017, 07:23:41 PM
Reply #113

montanatoffeefan

Am I the only one that thought this is a bit cheap? Granted hes not Messi but 6 million for a 27 year old player with England caps seems very cheap to me?

Did you miss the games he played at Everton?
Everton forever.