September 24, 2017, 09:03:39 PM

Author Topic: [News]Cleverley set to seal permanent move to Watford after international break  (Read 5063 times)

March 22, 2017, 02:22:24 AM
Reply #60

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
The lad was considered the future of England and man uniteds midfield by many well known football people only 4/5 years ago.

He impressed for England early on.

He didn't play for England because he was at united, he played because he was class.

He has been unlucky with injurys and has struggled to get regular football for the last few years. When he gets or if he gets a run in a team he will perform.

6 million is an absolute steal.

Cleverly isn't awful, and if you think it you really don't know the game of football very well at all.

It's not often I agree with you, but I do here. Mate of mine is a Utd season ticket holder for the past decade. Said he was good until he was made the scapegoat for poor Utd performances and that he was always better than others made out. Good luck to Tom, I bear him no I'll will
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

deCoubertin

March 22, 2017, 02:40:44 AM
Reply #61

hill135

The lad was considered the future of England and man uniteds midfield by many well known football people only 4/5 years ago.

He didn't play for England because he was at united, he played because he was class.

He has been unlucky with injurys and has struggled to get regular football for the last few years. When he gets or if he gets a run in a team he will perform.

Cleverly isn't awful, and if you think it you really don't know the game of football very well at all.

Welcome to the forum, Roberto

March 22, 2017, 02:47:58 AM
Reply #62

Robioto

Is this post a wind up?

March 22, 2017, 02:49:00 AM
Reply #63

Major Clanger

It's not often I agree with you, but I do here. Mate of mine is a Utd season ticket holder for the past decade. Said he was good until he was made the scapegoat for poor Utd performances and that he was always better than others made out. Good luck to Tom, I bear him no I'll will

That was then though, and this is now. Whatever the reasons, he hasn't kicked on since and the chance of him ever being more than a bit part player in Watford or an ever-present midfielder in a yo-yo club is very slim.

He's not the first and not the last either. To remind us of this, let's all "enjoy" this video:

The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 22, 2017, 02:58:37 AM
Reply #64

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
That was then though, and this is now. Whatever the reasons, he hasn't kicked on since and the chance of him ever being more than a bit part player in Watford or an ever-present midfielder in a yo-yo club is very slim.

He's not the first and not the last either. To remind us of this, let's all "enjoy" this video:

I know.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 22, 2017, 04:30:07 AM
Reply #65

efcforlife

He was given glowing references by fellow pro's and managers, he wasn't built up by the media, far from it. Hodgson compared him to Fabregas, Rooney called him the future of England, Glenn hoddle wanked over him and many more at the time.

He has dropped of in recent years due to injury in the main.

It's not that hard to understand why he hasn't performed over the last few years.

I don't want to keep him at Everton because he isn't right for us, he will be a cracking player and trainer at Watford though and I wouldn't be surprised if he played for England again before his times up.

Tom Cleverly isn't a glamorous name so I could say anything here and he'd be slagged off.

To compare him to Rodwell is just laughable. In what way are the 2 comparable? Other than the fact they are footballers?

March 22, 2017, 04:36:29 AM
Reply #66

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The Comparison to fabaregas tho 😂🙈🙈🙈

March 22, 2017, 04:37:00 AM
Reply #67

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I liked him.  I wanted him to do well, and he did have some good games for us.  He'll be a decent player for a mid-table side, he's just not the right fit or quality for our current team.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

March 22, 2017, 04:47:21 AM
Reply #68

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He was given glowing references by fellow pro's and managers, he wasn't built up by the media, far from it. Hodgson compared him to Fabregas, Rooney called him the future of England, Glenn hoddle wanked over him and many more at the time.

It's not that hard to understand why he hasn't performed over the last few years.

I don't want to keep him at Everton because he isn't right for us, he will be a cracking player and trainer at Watford though and I wouldn't be surprised if he played for England again before his times up.

Tom Cleverly isn't a glamorous name so I could say anything here and he'd be slagged off.

To compare him to Rodwell is just laughable. In what way are the 2 comparable? Other than the fact they are footballers?

Does Tony Bellew rate him?

March 22, 2017, 05:13:03 AM
Reply #69

efcforlife

Does Tony Bellew rate him?

Probably, he often talks sense on football to be fair to him.

March 22, 2017, 06:10:17 AM
Reply #70

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Probably, he often talks sense on football to be fair to him.

You really are such a complete idiot.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 22, 2017, 06:35:50 AM
Reply #71

Ross

Omg this is such an easy mistake to make that it could usually only happen on a low budget Hollywood Adam Sandler comedy.

Everyone else is talking about Cleverley and @efcforlife has got him hilariously mixed up with another footballer called Cleverly.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 22, 2017, 07:13:00 AM
Reply #72

Gash

Global Moderator
Omg this is such an easy mistake to make that it could usually only happen on a low budget Hollywood Adam Sandler comedy.

Everyone else is talking about Cleverley and @efcforlife has got him hilariously mixed up with another footballer called Cleverly.

Yup, very easy mistake, we've all done it. ;)

Well let's say they paid double his value, takes us back to the point that a player of his quality and experience cost about 8m. I'd say Cleverly offers as much as Allen at least and also comes with more experience and the English tax so 8m would seem a decent deal, anything lower and we've done well.

If we got Cleverly for 4m we'll have done very well, I doubt we'd be the only interested party though so I think it's likely to be somewhere between 4-8m.

March 22, 2017, 08:28:37 AM
Reply #73

Evertonian in NC

I still think he's a decent player but not good enough for us as things stand so it's fine.

Really fit the Martinez setup, didn't fit Koeman's at all.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 22, 2017, 11:55:10 AM
Reply #74

Robioto

So it wasn't a wind up?